Chapter - 13: Her Past; His Embrace

Morning sunrays disturb Swara's sleep, she opened her eyes, she wanted to rub her eyes, so she tried to raise her hand but felt firm grip on her hand, she looked besides, her husband he was sleeping holding her hand in his grip. He was sleeping in sitting position, half lying on the bed, resting his back on the headboard, his one hand was holding her hand whereas other hand was on back of her head, looks like he was caressing her hairs when he slept.

'I am really blessed to get a husband like him, he cares for me like my parents and Dida cared for me. I cannot even imagine what would have been my life if he was not there. I thank to that person who ditched me at last moment on our marriage day else I would have never been able to meet him. Please Durga ma, please keep your blessings on this pious relation.'  Swara thought and she slowly removed her hand from his grip, she kept one pillow adjusting his head. She looked at him for some time and then got up, closed the curtains so that sunrays would not disturb his sleep. 'Don't know what time he slept? Let him sleep for some time' thinking this Swara went to washroom for shower.

Swara came out from washroom while rubbing her hairs, she again looked at her husband who was sleeping, he looked tired. She thought to make his black coffee, so she went to kitchen.

Sanskar felt loss of Swara's hand warmness so he opened his eyes, he looked here and there, Swara was not in the room. He cursed himself for sleeping, he thought she must be in Dida's room so he just got up from bed and run to Dida's room, but she was not there. He heard some vessels sound, he looked in kitchen she was there near gas stove.

"Swara what are you doing here?" Sanskar said grabbing her arm and turning her towards him.

Swara looked at him, he looked worried to the hell, concerned and panting heavily.

"I am making your black coffee" She put her hand on his, which was holding her.

Sanskar closed his eyes and took deep breath relaxing himself.

"No need for that, you come and take rest" Sanskar said pulling her to away from kitchen platform.

"I am fine Sanskar, please don't worry this much for me" Swara said

"That I will decide, whether you are fine or not" Sanskar turn off the gas and pulled her to get her out of kitchen.

"Sanskar please, let me do this, it will divert my mind if I am occupied" Swara said.

"Ok you sit on dining chair, I will make coffee and tea for you, just tell me where the ingredients are?" Sanskar replied being stubborn.

"You know kitchen work?" Swara was amazed to know about this quality of her husband.

"Yes, I can cook, not entire meal but basic stuff like my black coffee, omelettes, scrambled eggs, toast etc. I learned when I was in US for studies" Sanskar replied her turning on the gas.

Swara guided him with tea, sugar and coffee tins, and Sanskar made black coffee for himself and tea for Swara. Meanwhile Swara was sitting on small dining table besides kitchen platform which was enough for two people.

Sanskar kept two mugs on dining table, Swara took sip from her mug and had tears in her eyes seeing his care.

"Hey don't be sad, I thought, I can at least make drinkable tea and coffee..... I guess" Sanskar said shrugging his shoulders.

Swara smiled in tears.

"Ohh god I can do anything for this smile. Even if it will need me to make tea for you every day" Sanskar said cheering her.

Swara was admiring him while drinking her tea and appreciating his efforts.

After a moment Annapurna and Sujata entered home, with their breakfast.