Author's Notes

Life cannot treat Alexia Grey any better. She has amazing family and friends and gets perfect scores. She is destined for great things. She has envisioned a life with her boyfriend, for whom she has sacrificed her entry to the state's best university. But fate has other plans. The perfect future she has pictured shatters into pieces one fateful day.

Alexia Grey is a happy-go-lucky girl who has been dumped by her high school sweetheart. Things get more unbearable when it becomes the talk of the town. People either give her looks of pity or laugh at her. Left without a choice, she leaves for the city to start afresh.

In New York City, she meets the cold and aloof Matteo Knight, whose mysterious vibe draws her towards him. Matteo is an introvert with great ambition. To achieve his lifetime goal of becoming a famous doctor, he refuses to get distracted by anything. As a result, he has grown distant from everyone around him.

Enter Alexia Grey who has now become his neighbour. What kind of sparks will fly between a boy who is driven by his desire for success, and a girl who wants a fresh start in life?

***

Prompt: After being jilted, you move to the city to hide your embarrassment, lick your wounds and start afresh.

***

DISCLAIMER:

This story is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

The author has spent a lot of time and effort into producing this story. Please refrain from translating, copying and/or posting this story on other websites. Doing so by any means without the author's permission is illegal and punishable by law. Your support of the author's rights is appreciated.

Begin Again is only available on Wattpad. If you are reading this story on any other platform, you are very likely to be at risk of a malware attack. If you wish to read this story in its original safe form, please search for @calistacyq on Wattpad.

Please inform me in the comments and/or on my message board if there are people who have stolen my work. Thank you.

***

Hi, it's Calista! Last year, I took part in the Open Novella Contest and got into the long list. This year, I decided to try again. Hopefully, this time, I can make it into the shortlist. More importantly, I hope that I will make many new friends and gain more experience!

As stated above, the prompt is "After being jilted, you move to the city to hide your embarrassment, lick your wounds and start afresh." The way I chose my prompt was the same as last year: romance number one. Simple as that. It's like a lucky draw!

I hope that you will enjoy this book and don't forget to click on the star at the bottom of each chapter! Your votes and comments mean a lot to me as it gives me feedback so that I have a clearer view of which aspects I'm good at and which I need improvement on.

If you liked this book, please do check out my Open Novella Contest 2019 entry (Kiss and Tell, also romance number one) and my other books! Thank you :)

With that, presenting to you, Begin Again.