Chapter thirty two

It is Sam's 45th birthday and he has invited the moonlight pack and I to it. Apparently Poppy has a big party every 5 years to celebrate Sam birthday. She actually wanted to do it every year but Sam wouldn't have it so they compromise.

Here I was back at the place where Calvin and I found out that we were mates. What I didn't know was he was drunk. I have forgiven Calvin for the night but every time I remember it, I can't help but feel embarrassed and hurt by it all over it again.

I have no idea what is going on with me and Calvin. I don't want to even know. I want to live the moment and enjoy it. Maybe I am being a fool or maybe this could be the best thing I ever done.

It has been a week since Calvin and I shared the same bed for the first time. He had been coming in to my bed every night since. I remember the next night when he had come in. I had gasped and apparently started a one sided argument. I sat on the bed listing Calvin how big mistake this was. Do you know what he had done? He ignored me, he pushed me down, wrapped me around him and just slept. I held on to him dazzled. The following night he had done the same thing, I off courses tried to stand my ground but the big oof just ignored me. Again. I huffed and he just chuckled.

All night, Calvin have been holding my hands and introducing me to his family friends and pack allies. I know all of them are wondering what I am to him. He doesn't introduce me as his mate or friend. Just says 'this is Charlotte Jones'. I obviously fake smile and shake their hands and maybe have small talks with them.

He has been whispering in my ears, touching my lower back, my arms, holding my hands all night, which got us many questioning glances.

Cole and Mi na are sending me grins in which I ignore. They are constantly teasing me about Calvin being affectionate. Mi na keeps commenting on my glow and I keep rolling my eyes. Dylan is too busy chasing after Mia to notice anything.

After awhile of talking to some of Sam's friends, I excuse myself. Get myself a drink and stand in the corner to take in the place. Last time I was here I didn't get to enjoy the beautiful. The ceiling was high and there was one huge chandelier brightening the room. Soft music was playing at the background and I could hear the chatter and laughter among the people. It was fancy yet simple.

After a moment I felt my brother presence. I was happy to see my brother all healed up and heathy. He was limping slightly but other than that he was great. In couple of days he should be back to normal.

"I have never seen Calvin like this"Tom says to me but his eyes were following Calvin.

"He has never been like this with anyone before. They way he is with you. Heck the guy hasn't look away from you since you came here."he continues.

I don't say anything because I didn't know what to say to that. This thing with Calvin is confusing. I don't know how to behave or say. What to expect, what no to expect. Does he think we are together or does he think we are just sleeping together?

Do I want it to be just physically or do I want something deeper with him.

I say I forgive him but do I really?

Everyone thinks that this is more than what it is. Hell, I don't even know what this is. Is it just lust between us? Are they just seeing what they want to see?

Calvin is not an asshole. Okay he isn't an asshole all the time. He has always treated me nicely expect maybe three times throughout our life time.