Epilogue

We were in our beds later that night. Our legs intwined together. His hand was stroking my hair. His eyes were in mine and he had a soft smile on his face.

"My biggest regret was rejecting you"he whispers.

"Being with you. Wanting to be with you made me feel guilty because of Mary."he says.

"Cal-"

"Shh"he places a finger on my lips. "I need to say this"

I shut my mouth and wait for him to continue.

"I wasn't so drunk that night that I hallucinate thinking your someone else. I wasn't even drunk. I wanted you. You were always so nice and quiet. Peace. Every time I looked at you that's what I felt. Peace. And that made me feel more guiltier. I wanted you at my party but I knew the only way you could come is if I said you were going to be helping rather attending. I wanted you to be part of my next step in life. When I found out you were my mate, I was overwhelmed with feelings, I literally didn't even give you a chance to think before I jumped you. The morning after, I felt guilty. I started thinking about Mary the moment I woke up and saw you wrapped around me because I was so happy and then I remembered that I shouldn't be"he says.

His strokes my cheeks. "But today I realised that Mary's death wasn't my fault. It was such a terrible thing to have happened and everyday I wish it didn't but there wasn't much I could do. It hurts to even about someone young losing their life before it even began."

"I'm sorry. Char. I treated you like shit because I couldn't keep my feelings at bay. It wasn't your fault but I needed to blame someone other than myself. You were there and I was a jerk and a coward. You deserve so much better than me"

"Cal-"

"You do but I'm too selfish to let you go. I'm so happy you came back. I'm glad I got my head out of my ass and saw you. I love you and I promise not to treat or let anyone treat you like before. I want to be the best mate, father of your children and husband"

"Are you proposing to me right now?"

"No. Proposing implies you have a choice. You're going to be wife Charlotte Jones"

"You-"

He cut me off with his lips on my mouth.

---
6 months and couple weeks after....

"Babe, I can't find my shoes"

Calvin walks into the room, takes one look at me then looks at the ceiling and lets out sigh as if he is tired of me. I can't blame the guy. I'm not going to lie and say I haven't been a pain in his tight ass the late couple of months. I have been milking this pregnancy and making him do everything. It's great having him at my mercy. I get foot massage and back rubs not matter where we are. The kids are showered, clothes and fed every night without me even moving a muscle. Heck, he even paints my toe nails.

He won't ever admit it but he likes it.

"You're wearing it"he says.

I look down to see but my bump is blocking my slight.

"Well I didn't know that"I say defensively.

It's not my fault. I'm quite forgetful now days and I'm tired of being pregnant. I want this baby out right now. I am one week past my due date and I'm in pain everywhere.

"How is it not your fault. You put on the shoes. You had to know you were wearing it"

I start crying because I felt like I was getting in trouble. It's not like I'm a child.