Chapter thirty six

"You won't do such thing"a voice said from behind him.

He knew that voice and he definitely knew that scent because it was mixed with his. He turn to his left to see his mate. The same mate he had told to stay at home. He gritted his teeth to stop the growl from escaping and closed his eyes to control his anger.

"And who would you be?"Jackson asks.

"Luna of Redwood. Heard you wanna kill me. Wanna talk about it?"

"You have came here in a good time then."he says.

At that moment, all Calvin wanted to do was rush to his mate, pull her over his shoulders and take her home to spank her tight ass. She should have known better. Fuck! He should have known better. She even warned him. Why didn't he lock her up or something? Now he couldn't grantee her safety. Now he had to watch her back and fight to save his. He could lose her and himself in this fight.

"Told you"Cole says from his side.

Calvin sent his friend a glare to which Cole chuckled. This isn't a laughing matter. Cole must have sensed Calvin feelings at the moment.

"Don't worry about her. She is better than all of us combined"

"You won't be killing anyone today."

"I will. I would end this pack. Justice for my daughter"

"Oh shut up about that. This has nothing to do with your daughter and everything to do with Poppy"Sam says.

Jackson didn't reply but directed his glare at Sam. If looks could kill dear old Sam would be 6 feet under.

"You loved Poppy and I can understand why. My mate is beautiful and wonderful but she's mine. She was never yours. I know you feel her lost but she wasn't yours to lose"his father says.

Calvin was finally putting this together. The reason why Jackson wanted Mary to stay away from him. Why he hated Calvin when he didn't even know him.

"SHE WAS MINE AND YOU STOLE HER"Jackson shouted fume surfacing around his mouth.

It has seemed that he misunderstood the grief look on Jackson face. Perhaps he was using his lost of his daughter as a cover for the real reason for his ambush, which was because of his mother.

"History was about to repeat itself. If my daughter was alive, she would be still in love with your son and he would have left her like Poppy left me. He would have hurt her" he starts to rant.

"You're crazy mister"Charlotte says.

Calvin shook his head at his mate. She is surely trying to get herself killed. If they survived and he would make sure they did, he would redden her ass. Pregnant or not.

"You bitch"Jackson growls.

"Oh shut up!"his mate snaps.

Taking a step closer to the crazy man. Calvin took a step toward to pull her behind him but Cole stopped him and sent his a look telling him to stay put and watch.

"You came here in my pack to threaten us. You can't be man enough to admit you lost and move on, instead you come here and ambush us. You didn't challenge us, you didn't allow us to prepare instead you planned to attack us without us knowing. That makes you a weak man"

At the moment, he couldn't help but be proud of his mate. Which is 180 degrees of what he had felt a second ago. He loved seeing her take lead and fight for their pack. She did look hot too. She looked stunning anger and confidence. If Calvin was any other man, he would be shivering with fear with the look his mate was giving Jackson.