Back [GN!Reader]

Words: 1.3k+ 

Type: FluffSummary: You visit Billy from California.
Warning: NON-CANON BILLY. English is not my first language. Sorry if I misspelled something. GN = Gender Neutral.

You step out of your mom's car and look at the high school building.

"I'll see you later, mom." You say before closing the door of the car.

"Bye, sweetie! Tell Billy that I want him to have dinner with us today!" Your mom says before driving away.

The parking lot is mostly empty. You check your watch and notice that you need to wait for at least 10 more minutes for everyone to come out of class. Maybe less for the middle schoolers.

You decide to start walking through the parking lot and can't help but smile at the sight of the blue Camaro that you missed so much. You see the middle school building in the distance and decide to walk there to see Max first. You walk slowly and lean on the brick wall while looking around.

This is nothing like California. No blue skies with a burning sun over your head, it's just gloomy and... Something that you were sure Billy doesn't like.

You're surely going to miss California and your friends, but you love Billy too much. After your mother announced that she was able to get a job offer in Hawkins, you packed right away. It all happened because your mom just couldn't bear the fact that you walked around like a zombie ever since Billy moved, so, she did everything in her power to change that, and you couldn't be more thankful.

You snap out of your thoughts when you see some kids walking out of the building, talking or laughing hysterically with their friends. You look at all of them looking for the redhead.

"Y/N?!" You hear someone almost shout over the noise.

You look over and see the redhead you've been looking for... Max.

"Hi!" You say with a big smile before Max runs to you and pulls you into a tight hug.

You lower yourself to her and practically pick her up while you give her the hug back.

"I missed you so much" Max whispers in your shoulder.

"I missed you too" You whisper back.

After some time, you put Max back down on the ground, and she tries to hide her teary eyes.

"Have you seen Billy?" She asks.

"No, he doesn't know I'm here yet." You say and she smiles.

"You'll break his reputation today." She says, and you look at her confused, "He'll probably cry. The king of the school shouldn't cry in front of all his peasants." She adds with a playful tone.

I laugh at her comment and look over your shoulder. It has only passed a few minutes and what seems like everyone from high school is standing outside in the parking lot. How fast can they really be? Jesus.

"Ready to go?" You ask Max, and she nods.

You start walking side by side as Max tells you some of the things that happened while you were in California. As she talks, your anxiety grows in you, step by step.