Saved [GN!Reader]

[Requested]

[Requested]

Words: 1.7k+ words
Type: Angst & Fluff
Summary: It's literally the ending of ST (s3) but Billy survives.
Warning: English is not my first language. Swearing. Mentions of Abuse. Sorry if I misspelled something. [GN = Gender Neutral]

You stand behind Max as Billy's body hits the floor at the same time the Mindflayer screams in agony as Joyce, in the same second, is finally closing the gate.

The moment it was safe enough, Mike ran to El as you ran to Billy. Max followed slowly behind you, shock running through her veins as you kneeled close to her brother.

All you did in past days was leave for a week with your parents, as you would every year. You left with your family for just a week. And you came back during the 4th for July to later know that the gate was open once again, the Mindflayer was back and its host was your boyfriend. 

The boyfriend that you chose not to tell anything about the Upside Down. The boyfriend that you tried to protect by not explaining to him what had happened on the night that he came to get Max from the Byer's house. The boyfriend that you chose to keep a secret. That boyfriend, being nonother than Billy Hargrove.

You strip the light jacket off your body quickly and start pressing the piece of clothing on the main wound, the one on his chest.

Your face is wet, wet as tears keep rolling down your cheeks. You silently sob as Billy just keeps looking at you in silence, no words or expression on his face. He just looks at you. Max finally appears next to you, kneeling on his other side and his gaze turns to her.

"I'm sorry." He whispers to her, and you lift your eyes and look at the two of them.

Billy turns his gaze back at you as his leftover strength is just now beginning to leave his body. His eyes beg him to just close for one second, just one second, just to try and get rid of this exhaustion that he's feeling.

"Keep your eyes open, Billy. Please." You whisper to him, and he tries to do what you tell him to. "Do it for me, Billy. Please keep your eyes open"

Something in him woke up with your words, in your cries. He feels too tired to feel any panic or fear of what might happen to him. But he's sure that he's in the state of shock, since he doesn't feel any pain. He only feels you, you putting pressure on his chest and how your hands are shaking badly.

The sound of helicopters is heard by everyone, and you hear some of the kids sigh in relief. You didn't, you keep concentrating on what you're doing. You do it even when, deep down, a voice in your head keeps telling you that your efforts might not work as Billy has other 4 wounds on his body. Ones you're unable to control.

The helicopters get closer and closer and, in a matter of minutes, the main doors of the mall open, and many men dressed in army uniforms come in running.