Chapter 2

She woke up to sounds coming from downstairs and she knew it was time to get up.

Gibbs was getting ready to head out.

"Jane you coming?" He asked.

"Yeah I'll down in a minute".

She was still tired and half awake and hungry. She got ready anyways.

"Ok let's go" she said.

"Hope you like diner food".

"Don't mind it".

"Good".

They arrived at the diner and had a quick breakfast and by quick it means that they got it to go.

She ate in the car and she didn't know if Gibbs liked that or not.

He didn't say anything so she continued.

"Did you have red hair before?" He asked.

"Yeah I did until I was about 16 then I had kind of a crisis because I was missing mom so I now have brown hair".

"Just wondering".

They arrived at ncis headquarters and she remembered all the letters her mom wrote her about this place.

"Did your mom tell you about this?" He asked.

"Well she only wrote letters but yeah she did. It's a lot bigger then I thought it would be".

Gibbs laughed. They got through security and she had to wear a visitors pass that she was thrilled about.

"Do I get to go in a interrogation room?" James asked.

"Do you want to?"

"No just wondering".

Once they got out of the elevator she just looked at everything. When she was little she always dreamed of coming here with her mom to see what she did on a daily basis.

"Jane" Gibbs called for her.

She practically speed walked to him.

"Sit here and I'll be right back" he said.

"Okay".

She looked around at his desk to see what he has. Then she got bored and started to spin around in the chair.

McGee, Bishop, and Torres got out of the elevator.

"Wait stop" Bishop said.

"What is it?" Torres asked.

"Look" she said while pointing at Gibbs desk.

"Who do you think she is?" McGee asked.

They started to walk to their desks and then Gibbs appeared "Jane"

Jane quickly got up and went with Gibbs leaving the rest of the team questioning who she was.

"Ok this is the conference room and just tell me everything you saw" Gibbs said.

Jane proceeded to tell Gibbs why she had her suspicion and what she saw when he opened the air vent.

She felt better by talking about it but she had to get it out there.

"Who do you think she is?" Bishop asked.

"I honestly have no clue. I mean maybe it's a witness or something" McGee said.

"But why would he not bring us" Torres said.

"Good point" Bishop said.

After telling Gibbs everything they went back to everyone. Everyone was staring at her which made Jane feel uncomfortable.