Chapter 7

"Jane you sure you are okay?" Gibbs asked her.

"I will be".

They returned to the rest of the team.

There was a random tiny desk next to Gibbs desk "where did this come from?" Gibbs asked.

"It's for Jane" Torres said.

"Thank you" Jane responded.

"If you are going to be here for while then we want you to have your own desk" McGee said.

"You didn't have to".

"We wanted to" bishop said.

Gibbs smiled but it wasn't a full smile but a tiny one. Jane didn't really have anything to do so Gibbs gave her paper and she was either writing or drawing. She was just mainly watching them work.

She was hiding her papers because on one she was drawing everyone while the were working and on the others she was writing thank you notes to everyone.

She started to wonder if once they catch Troy and this case is over if she was still able to come back here because she loved being there with everyone.

She felt like she had a family again.

Gibbs phone was ringing "yeah I'll be right down".

"I'm going to go see Kasie are you good here?" Gibbs asked Jane.

"Yeah I'm fine".

Jane continued writing and she felt like everyone was staring at her.

"So Jane" McGee said.

"Yeah".

"Did Mike Franks take good care of you?"

The question was random to her "uh yeah he was really there for me once he reached out to me telling me what happened with my mom. Why?"

"No reason just wondering".

"Okay".

McGee, Bishop, and Torres were all looking at each other but Jane was clueless on what was happening.

Bishop and Torres were still on the thing about Gibbs being Jane's father but McGee forgot all about it.

McGee did see some resemblance between Gibbs and Jane but not enough where he is going to be like Bishop and Torres bringing it up a lot.

"What do you got Kasie?" Gibbs asked as he entered the lab.

"Well I went through whatever evidence I got from the warehouse and I can tell you is that Troy was certainly there. The gun we found from the beach wasn't the one who caused Luke's death but however that gun matched with George. That means.....".

"It means if we can't get him on Luke's murder then we can match him to George's murder".

"Right".

"Thanks Kasie".

Gibbs left and went to join the rest of the team.

"Update go" Gibbs said as he walked in the room.

"Well with the update from Kasie we know that Troy is responsible for George's death so either he is still responsible for Luke's death and stashed the gun or we are looking for a completely knew suspect".

"McGee and Bishop go back to the ship and talk to more people who knew them and Jane Torres and I are going to go look more around your apartment".

"Okay".

"You can either stay here or come along with us".

"Can I come I want to pack another bag".

"Alright let's go".