Chapter 21

Jane only got through a few letters before she couldn't take it anymore but she found one that was new. She knew she read everything her mother gave her but this one was from Gibbs. The letter went over basically more about her mom and what she was sick with. She knew a little from what Mike told her but this was a lot for her. In the letter he wrote about how sorry he was for not seeing it coming and mostly how once again she wasn't kept a secret for so long.

She called Gibbs.

"Jane is everything alright?" Gibbs asked as he picked up the phone.

"Yeah I just found the letter you left me and I just wanted to say thank you. My mom was lucky to have someone like you around".

"You deserved to know more".

"I know but just thank you".

"Your welcome".

"Is it okay if I call you regularly?"

"Of course".

"Bye".

"Bye".

Jane loved the feeling of family again and how everyone at ncis was a new family that she so desperately needed.

Even Gibbs felt like he a new addition to his little family that he already has. Jane and Gibbs were always destined to meet but it took a murder to make that happen.

Jane made dinner for herself and watched tv for a couple of hours until she felt tired.

She cleaned up a little around her apartment and took a shower then went to bed.

She bundled up in blankets and closed her eyes. Jane always had the weirdest dreams but one thing she didn't expect in her dream tonight was a visit from her mom.

"Mom is that you?" Jane asked in her dream.

"Yeah it's me. You are dreaming".

"I haven't had a dream with you in so long. I miss you".

"And I miss you to. I'm so proud of you and everything you have done".

"I wouldn't say proud I had to turn my boyfriend in for killing someone, I got kidnapped twice, and my coworker killed someone so it's been a lot".

"I know but you survived".

"People at ncis who knew you said I'm just like you".

"I would agree with them. Did they believe you when you told them who you were?".

"Yeah they did I showed them pictures of us and Why didn't you tell me you were sick or everything that was going on?"

"I'm glad they believed you and I didn't want to worry you and I was going to tell you eventually but".

"But then L.A happened".

"Yeah. Did Mike and his family take care of you?"

"Yeah they did. How did Mike know about me?"

"I told him because I felt like something bad was going to happen so I told him to look out for you. I didn't expect him to take you in".

"He and Leyla were great and having Amira around was great".

"I'm glad you had people around. How was everyone at ncis when they found out who you were".

"Very very shocked. I think Gibbs was the most shocked then McGee".

"McGee still works there?".

"Yeah he does so does Doctor Palmer and a Ducky".

"So no tony and Ziva or Abby".