Chapter 12

If you are here from the Harrys.sidehoee insta let me know!! :)

Ps. If you aren't from the insta, please be sure to follow for updates!!

——————————————————————

I wake up the next morning, feeling an unusual hard and sharp pain.

"Harry!!" I call from the room. I hear his footsteps run fast up the steps.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asks frantically.

"I- I don't know. It hurts." I rest my hand on my belly and breathe in heavy and take a long breath out. "It hurts really bad." I rub my belly hoping to get comfort and relief.

"Are you in labor? Should we go to the woman?" He asks, grabbing my hand to help me out of bed. I shake my head no, as I stand up the pain lightens up a little. I breathe out one last long breath.

"I'm alright. Where's Penelope?" I ask wobbling towards the door.

"She's in her crib, I just changed her diaper an hour ago. She might be hungry though." He follows me into her room, she's laying there quietly staring at the ceiling. I walk closer and look over the side so she sees me.

"Good morning princess, are you hungry?" I ask as I slowly lift her out of the crib and bring her to the rocker where I feed her. Harry's watching us, with awe in his eyes.

"I love this. Such a beautiful moment I never thought I would have." He comes over to stand next to us. Penelope begins falling asleep, so I slowly lift her, to put her back in her crib. We slowly back out of the room, and close the door quietly. 

"Why'd you think you'd never have this? I'm sure there would've been another woman you would've had a family with." I walk downstairs, Harry following.

"That's a very long story doll."

"I have time." I say as we enter the living room, I sit down and wait for him to answer.

"It's actually how I got here. To the situation I'm in now." He sits next to me, patting his lap for my head to lay on them.

"I never did get to hear this story." I look into his gorgeous green eyes. I never noticed them to be this green.

"It's not a great story. That's why you've never heard it." Harry plays with my hair.

"Please tell me?" I say, hoping to find a chance to hear it. Harry sighs.

"I was 16. My family and I moved to this town, on a wonderful opportunity. I was a musician. I ran around town, around the world, just looking for who I actually was. By 22, I was at a show, while walking down the strip of stage, I noticed a sign that read 'I'm from your town! I love you!'. I pulled her onto the stage, got to know more about her. It became frequent that I'd go home to see my girl. Until her father met me. He had threatened me to never come back or he'd kill me. I didn't listen. I loved her. Another year rolled around of sneaking around her father to see her. By this time I was 24, I had ran into him one late night on my way home from dropping her off at home. He punched me, dead in the face. Gave me my final warning, to never see his daughter again. I didn't care. But two nights later. There he was, shotgun in hand aimed directly at me. Before I could object he pulled the trigger. I woke up, this way." He looks down at his arm. "I would never see her again. I was filled with rage. I haunted the town, killing everyone in it. Before I got to her father, their family fled. I missed her for a good while. But" he shrugs. "Now two years later I have you." He smiles at me and I sit up slowly.

"Harry I'm-"

"You don't have to be." He kisses my head and stands up. "Let me make you some breakfast." He walks over to the kitchen, the house fell quiet. I was speechless. I'd never be strong enough to stay here alone for so many years. I get up and walk to Harry's side.

"I love you." I whisper while resting my hand on his stiff arm. His hard expression lightens. His palms pressed against the tabletop, that he put all his weight on. He stood up straight and pulled me into a hug.

"I love you too Doll." He kisses my head. "I'm so grateful for you." Just as we get comfortable Penelope starts crying, he lets go to get her but I stop him.

"I got this. Why don't you go lay down?" I say and he nods and goes to the couch. I walk up the stairs and grab Penelope. "Daddy's sleeping, so you can help me cook." I poke her nose gently. I walk back down stairs gently and go back to the kitchen to cook for Harry. While cooking I feed Penelope, and put her on her floor play mat. I shake Harry lightly to wake him for breakfast, he jumps.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing dear. Breakfast is ready." I kiss his forehead, he looks over at Penelope and smiles.

"I have the prettiest girls." He stands up and follows me to the table where bacon and pancakes are waiting for us.

• • •

We turn on the tv and play a kids movie for Penelope while Harry and I cuddle up on the couch. I slowly drift off to sleep after our long day. I rest my head in Harry's arm and I feel a blanket lay carefully over me. Before I know it, I'm knocked out.