Chapter Six 💖

It's been a month since I started working as Hunter's secretary. He's not someone you are glad to be working for, as much as Adrian warned him on his harshness,he still doesn't get it. Or I think he's trying to be calm most of the time. Since I begun working here, we've grown close with Adelle, I can say she's my new other best friend , she talks alot and I mean alot. She knows I have kids but she's never seen them. She's engaged to one Bill Martinez. My boss has been staring at me alot and it bothers me.

As I am about to head off lunch, a lady walks in my office, slim, fake large boobs ,blonde hair, alot of make up. She looks around me and snorts. Deciding to act cool ,

"How may I help you miss? "

"I need to see Hunter "she says boringly

"Who are you miss coz he doesn't have any appointment now "I ask

"Tell him it's Racheal "

"There's no Racheal for him today Miss am sorry but you can't see him. "

"OK then I will walk into his office then and tell him to fire your sick thick self "she says angrily at me.

"Am sorry madam but you can't do that "I politely tell her.

"I'm his fiancee ,I can do whatever I want "she says

"Fiancee! "I ask shocked.

"Yes dummy we are getting married this weekend "she says an evil smirk on her face. Ooh no I will never tell him he has kids since it will only destroy his happiness and I can't allow my kids to be with such a bitch.

"Okay. "His phone rings twice before he picks up. "Mr.Michaels your fiancee is here to see you I'm sending her in. "I say ending the call not waiting for a response.

"You may go now "I say indicating his office.

Neither Adrian, Jake nor Adelle told me that he's going to be married. I can understand with Adelle since she doesn't understand my relationship with him but why the other two. As I'm about to walk out again, I'm stopped by my office phone.

"Arianna cancel all my appointments for the rest of the day. "he says and ends the call Having seen a loophole, I decide to ask Jake to drop my two munchkins over since Hunter won't be around which he agrees.

Jake brought both kids to my office since he felt like seeing my office. The kids are all happy to be spending time with me today since such an opportunity rarely arises.

"Ma, can I sit here? "Alex asks as she pats on my office table which I only nod as I complete going through the last file.

"Ma can I also sit there "Xander asks indicating where his twin is at. I nod and he joins his twin. They begin playing with my markers and start drawing images on the papers which are on the table.

"Momma can I draw something on your face? "Xander asks me pouting which I give in quickly. Both kids draw images which I don't see all over my face and I also do the same to theirs. Let's say we looked crazy at the end, our faces were covered in different colors one could think it was a color fest. I snap a few photos of us and post on my instagram account while others I send to my friends. As I look at my watch, I notice it's already six o'clock meaning I was supposed to be leaving two hours ago.

We continue joking around and snapping pics of us until the kids all freeze, me being unaware of the reason, I continue snapping until Xander calls my name.

"Momma "he pats my back and points at the door. SHIT my boss is standing there looking at us with an unreadable face. That makes me conscious of myself and make me look at myself I'm covered in color, same to my kids who has both come in wearing blue trousers and a white shirt, man we looked good! Note the sarcasm.

I hurriedly got off the table as I straightened my white shirt. My blue trouser was still good. As I did so, I also got the two munchkins down and looked up at Hunter who was looking at the kids as if thinking about something .

"Did you need anything Mr.Michaels ?"I innocently ask him. Before he answers, someone beats him to it.

"Good evening Mr. Michaels ?"Xander says out of courtesy.

"Good evening too young man and call me Hunter "he says coming into my office ignoring my question.

"Hey Lexi, how are you. "

"I'm good Mr. Michaels. "she says. My kids are never good with new people but with him they seem like old buddies. Daa he's their dad my inner persona says.

"Guys it's time to go home "I say breaking their talk.

"But Ma,,,! "they start and I throw them a glare where they all shut up.

"But you all need to wash your faces don't you "Hunter asks. Finally acknowledging me.

"Nope we are all good, we'll do that once we are home. "I say not looking at him.

"Come on champs "

"Will you at least then allow them to be my flower and ring children at my wedding please"he begs.

"Mummy please '"the kids beg . As long as I remember they love weddings so much but I can't risk it.

"I'm sorry Mr Michaels they can't "

"Why momma? "Xander asks pouting.

"We will be busy. "I curtly say.

"But MA you said we will be free this weekend "Alex says.

"Just stop it already .You won't. "

"Let's get going . I say as they walk toward the door. As I'm about to walk out also, my hand is held by a firm hand that sends tingles in my body.

"Why aren't you allowing them to come "

"Nothing sir "'for the wedding to take place as intended to 'I mutter.

"Did you add anything Arianna? "

"No sir, have a goodnight. "I walk out before he says anything else. At least he couldn't see Xander face because of the colors.