Chapter Seventeen 💖

"You can't still be mad at me for that. "

"Ooh no watch me! "I shout.

"Babe calm down, I said I was sorry "

"Hunter get the fuck away from my office now!"

"It's also my office and I'm not getting out until you forgive me. "

"You'll wait a century then "I sneer at him.

"I had to do that or you couldn't have done it. "

" But you had no right to do so. I wanted to do it at my own pace . But then all this time you knew and you didn't tell me. Wait when were you going to tell me, maybe in never! "

"I'm sorry, I won't do that again. "

"Get out of my office or I'll walk out !"

"Arianna calm down "

"Why should I calm down, when you are the one who doesn't understand what my privacy means to me. I wanted to know what my parents left me sooner but you've spoilt that for me, using your money to see how rich I am?? "

"Ari,, that was,,,, "

"Don't Ari me now, you lost the privilege of calling me Ari the moment you decided to snoop on me! "I shout

"What my parents left me was all I wanted to treasure, but you being Hunter Michaels,,"I'm cut off by his lips on mine. As mad as I am, I can't resist those lips. I push away with all the force I can muster and slap him so hard. Oops, his pretty face. I grab my phone and walk out of my office ignoring him.

Today morning, I found out that Hunter had managed to get a copy of everything my parents had owned and what was given to Adrian and what remained as mine.

We had just arrived from a meeting with the investors, when he asked me to transfer some files to his office laptop. As I finished everything, I saved the file but it disappeared.

"Hunter the file is saved but I see it no where. "I ask Hunter who is busily reading a contract.

"You can look for it in the folder written Recent "he answers not taking his eyes off the contract.

The folder has only seven files, but the first one catches my attention since its saved using my name. Being the curious me, I click on it. At first all I see is basic stuff ,on the third page is when I see my net worth, property and also businesses. Man I am rich.
Almost everything has my parents names on it. That's when my mind focuses on the unopened properties am yet to find out I own.

"Please tell me this is not what I think it is Hunter "

"Ooh shit !"

That's when I came to know of it. What hurt most was that I didn't get to know what I was left with first. Hunter took that privilege away from me. Why couldn't he have come and asked me? Why couldn't he have waited for me to inform him. And what surprises me more is that the file was dated a week ago. I felt betrayed, all this time he knew it, while the fool I am didn't know.

That's when I realized I was slowly falling in love with a man who was silently buying my privacy. The father of my kids.