Chapter Thirteen💖

Hunter's pov

"Xander let go of that knife! "I shout running, towards him who gladly smiles at me mischievously.

While Xander is in the kitchen with my knives and spoons I don't see his sister anywhere.

"Come down to daddy, where is Lexie? "

"Mhh I don't know daddy "He lies.

"Come again Alexander "I say seriously.

"She's there "he points on the door leading to my bathroom.

They did disappear from my view when I was trying to reach their mom. I've been calling Arianna since she left my office crying which was about three hours ago. I couldn't follow her since I had this brats to look after. That's when I decided to bring them to my house.

When I walk in the bathroom , the site before me makes me want to strangle myself. Lexie is soaking wet in my bathtub with bubbles everywhere in the bathroom. She's playing with the bubbles happily. I smile at how cute she looks when laughing. While I was so concentrated on Lexie, I didn't notice Xander run to where his sister was.

"Lexie stop! "I shout at her as she splushes water at her brother. She giggles , their mother will have my head once she finds out about this. I don't know how she manages with these two

"Daddy! "They shout as they come and jump on me with their wet bodies. Me not being prepared, I slide on the soapy floor and fall the kids landing on me. It's painful. They laugh and begin washing the soap all over me . I smile at them and let them have their fun so that I can later on bathe them.

They suddenly stop,they look like deers caught.

"Uh-oh "they all say. Someone clears their throats in the doorway making me look at it. The kids get off me and run smoothly towards their mom.

"Ooh no don't you dare! "she shouts at them as they are about to hug her. "Kids, I told you not to do this again didn't I? "They nod and look at me all at once, who am still down flat on my ass.

"He caused this. "They say acting all innocent.

"Care to explain Mr Michaels? "she asks a smirk evident on her face. She always knew that I didn't like her calling me that since it was always uncomfortable.

I attempt to stand up, forgetting am barefoot,on a soapy tiled bathroom, I fall back down on my ass. Again. Arianna and the kids are all laughing at me. Arianna looks beautiful while she's happy which makes me happy. If me falling down on my butt makes her happy, then I gladly will be falling.

"Since I'm not wet, why don't you bathe the kids ?"

"I don't know how to even,,, "

"Also because they chose you "she cuts me off and walks out of the bathroom leaving me with grinning kids.

A half an hour later we are all done. Arianna dropped off the kids clothes at the door. I put on a pair of black, shorts and a white tee and walk towards where Arianna is .

She's in my kitchen, cooking for me and my kids. I slowly walk towards her and wrap my hands around her waist which causes her to jump a little, her body tenses for a while before she relaxes .

"I'm sorry Ari "I say to her making her tense up again before relaxing. "I'm sorry I made you cry today. The kids were just excited to know who I was and wanted to spend time with me, they didn't choose me. You're their mother, they will never ever choose anyone else than you "I sincerely say since I noted the bitter tone she used in the bathroom and also in my office.

I feel something wet falling on my hand only to realize it's tears, not mine Arianna's. Good job Hunter in making her happy for sure you are . I scold myself. I turn Arianna around and notice her puffy eyes and tears on her face. To say am ashamed is an understatement, I made Arianna cry more than once today. I pull her to my chest and let her cry as I sooth her.

"Please forgive me Ari. "