TWO

TWO

AMETHYST

I was in my new room, unpacking and hanging up clothes when Kara walked in.

She was allowing my kids and I to live with her until I was able to get on my feet. I was grateful as hell for her generosity. Serenity would sleep in the room with me while Junior would be sharing a room with Kara's son Malik.

I had a lot of family in Fort Lauderdale but I didn't want or need anyone in my business so I opted to stay with Kara for now.

"Bitch, let's cut straight to the chase. When you left, I recall seeing only you and Junior riding off into the sunset towards y'all new lives. Strangely you've come back with a precious little girl and I'm sitting over here looking clueless. I want the details and I want them now."

She stood in my doorway with her arms crossed and a smirk present on her face.

I shook my head. "Girl, it's a long story I'll tell you lat–––."

"No you're going to tell me now." She cut me off causing me to release a deep sigh.

"Damn after all these years you're still nosey and bossy as fuck." I joked causing her to chuckle.

She nodded. "I sure am. Now spill the pork-n-beans. Who's her father?"

"You really want to know?" I wasn't ready to talk about this shit just yet but I knew I couldn't hold back for much longer.

Kara sucked her teeth. "Girl stop beating around the bush before I beat you upside your head...oh and speaking of heads I love your new haircut. It really suits your face." She stated referring to my Nia Long in Boyz In the Hood haircut.

"Thanks." I replied, running my fingers lightly through it.

"Anyways, fuck all that...back to what I was saying. You left with one child and came back with two so tell me everything. Don't even think about leaving anything out." She said with a grin on her face.

I exhaled deeply with a slight roll of my eyes following suit. "Sincere is her father." I mumbled.

Her mouth dropped as her eyes widened.

"Oh my god! Bitch, are you serious?" I simply nodded.

"Very fucking serious. I still can't believe that I had his baby." I dramatically placed my hand over my face. "I'm a bad person, I know it. Just say it."

"You're so dramatic Ame." She removed my hand from my face with a chortle. "Does he know?" She inquired referring to Sincere.

"No."

"Wait what? What do you mean he doesn't know?"

I shrugged. "He doesn't know." I bit my lip awaiting her response.

"Oh my god Amethyst, I know you're not trying to keep his child from him. Are you?"

"Hell no! I'm just trying to find the right time to tell him. I never expected to have another baby but Serenity popped up out of nowhere." I retorted straightforwardly.

Kara plopped down onto my bed and I did the same. "I knew ya'll were fucking but I didn't know you were letting that nigga nut in you and shit. Imagine how Nas will feel once he finds this out." She declared with a smirk hanging from her lips.