EIGHT

EIGHT

AMETHYST

The next day...

            "Oh come on. It will be fun."

            "You're right, I'm sure it will be fun without me there."  I said putting emphasis on the word 'without'.

            Kara was trying to get me to go to Taya's birthday party. Although she and I squashed our beef years ago, I still didn't fuck with her like that.

            I didn't need her glaring at me from across the room every two seconds. That girl had been jealous of me from day one. I was over the drama that she always started with me over a man that I didn't want. Trying to get with Nas was the furthest thing from my mind.

            "Get your ass up and throw on some clothes bitch. I am not going to that party alone." Kara said over her shoulder to me as she skimmed through her closet looking for something to wear. She pulled out a knee length turtleneck dress in a beautiful shade of olive green.

            "Kara, you don't even like Taya like that either so why the fuck are you even trying to go?" I inquired with a mouth full of salt and vinegar chips.            

She gave me a dirty look, which caused me to burst out laughing. She hated when I talked with food in my mouth. She rolled her eyes and continued looking through her closet.

            "I've been cooped up in this damn house for too long outside of me tattooing. Plus I'm sure there will be free food, free liquor, and a room full of single men that I can holla at."

            "There's more to life than one night stands. I know that's what your ass is trying do tonight with your nasty ass." I snickered.

            "First of all I only did that like six times and second of all get up and put on some clothes. Please and thank you."

            I shook my head. "Hell no. I'm not going! Which part didn't you understand the 'hell' or the 'no?' I know you understand English."

            "Please." She got on her hands and knees then crawled over to me with her lips poked out.            "Please come Ame. We don't have to stay for long."

            I looked up at the ceiling before releasing a deep sigh. "Ok fine."

***

            I groaned to myself as Kara knocked on the door. There were a few cars in the driveway indicating that a few party guests had already arrived.

            Taya opened the door and I tried hard not to roll my eyes.

            Jealous ass bitch. I mumbled under my breath.

            "Hey, girl. Happy birthday!"

            I almost wanted to laugh when Taya pulled Kara into a hug. Kara was being shady as fuck all because she wanted some free food, which was pretty hilarious to me.

            "Thanks so much for coming." Taya said to the two of us.

            I didn't bother to hug Taya but I did say happy birthday. I kept the conversation to a minimum.

            I hadn't eaten all day and got excited when I saw a table full of burgers, hotdogs, fries, salad, pasta, fried chicken, macaroni and ribs. I made a plate full of food before searching all over for a spot to sit down.

            Kara disappeared per usual but eventually she returned with two cups of Captain Morgan mixed with coke.

            "Oh thanks girl." I put my hand out to grab the cup from her hand but she quickly shot me down.