SIX

SIX

AMETHYST

2 weeks later...

            Today was the day. Sin was supposed to officially introduce himself to Serenity as her father and it was also her third birthday. She saw him a couple of times when he came to the hospital but had no idea who he was. For all she knew, he was just some nice man that kept bringing her food and toys.

            I paced back and forth several times until I heard laughter over my shoulder. I turned to see Kara standing near the sofa with one hand on her hip as the other hand held her iPhone.

            "Girl what in the hell is so funny?"

            "Look." She walked over to me and practically shoved her phone into my face. "Look at this meme on Instagram. It's a picture of a girl with a busted lip and a black eye. Underneath the picture it says, 'when my mouth heals imma suck his dick again' isn't that funny?" Kara held her stomach and doubled over with laughter. I gave her a menacing glare so that she knew I wasn't in the mood for her silly Instagram memes.

            "What?" She asked as she wiped tears from her eyes.

            I threw my hands up frantically. "You know what."

            "Oh my god, just calm down Amethyst. Sin is coming over to officially introduce himself and hang out with his daughter for the first time. What's the big damn deal?"

            We were set to go to a small pizzeria near the house. The restaurant also had an arcade and indoor bounce house for the kids. 

            Sin and I hadn't quite seen eye to eye with one another since he found out about the secret I was keeping. We barely spoke to one another unless it was about Serenity so I was hoping to kind of squash things today over dinner. I didn't need him to be holding this over my head for the rest of our lives. I knew what I did was wrong but I felt that it was time to call a truce.

            "The big deal is that I want this to be a great experience for the two of them but what if something goes wrong?" I asked Kara who ignored me, walking off in the direction of the kitchen.

            "Where are you going?" I yelled?

            Kara walked back into the living room with a bottle of Hennessey.

            "Uh, who's that for?"

            She chuckled. "Well it sure ain't for Serenity." I watched as she fixed two shots. "Here, you're too uptight. We need to get that broomstick out of ya pussy."

            "Wait what?" I couldn't help but to laugh because Kara always just said the first thing that came to her mind whether it made sense or not.

            She passed me a shot and I attempt to place the shot to my lips right before we heard a knock at the door.

            "Hurry up and drink it. Down it!" She demanded. We both scrunched up our faces after taking the shot of henny to the head with no chaser. My chest was definitely on fire. I cleared my throat and walked over to the door, wiping my sweaty hands on my jeans in the process.

            I stood in front of the door taking deep breaths before opening it.

            "You'll do fine." Kara whispered before disappearing into her room.

            I opened the door with a huge smile on my face but my smile dropped immediately when I looked over Sin's shoulder. I didn't know what in the hell Sin was thinking by bringing his new bitch to my crib. I wanted to curse his ass out but I bit my tongue.