TEN

TEN

AMETHYST

I was ready to go home hours ago, but ended up working overtime.

After putting up a billboard over the highway, we had been getting a lot of calls from those looking to build houses, businesses and even those just wanting to add a room onto their current home. Business was definitely booming.

I'd been working for Sincere for almost a month now and I still found it weird to be working for my baby daddy. I liked the fact that he didn't treat me any different or give me special privileges just because I was the mother of his child.

Some days I wanted to just run into his arms and kiss him until we were both out of breath. It was so hard working with someone who you were still in love with knowing that they'd moved on.

Walking over to my mini fridge, I retrieved a small bottle of red wine then grabbed a wine glass. I was stressed out and needed some wine to calm my nerves.

I closed my eyes to savor the taste as it swished around in my mouth. I'd had a long day and needed to unwind. Four glasses of wine later I not only felt a buzz but I also felt the urge to tell Sin how I really felt.

The palms of my hands began to sweat just thinking about what he would say. I marched over to his office down the hall and immediately froze up once I reached the door.

His door was slightly ajar and his head was back. I noticed that his eyes were closed and his shirt was somewhat unbuttoned. His tie was lying on the table next to his computer. I wasn't sure if he was sleeping or not but I needed to tell him how I felt while I still had the courage to do so.

I walked in and as I got closer to him I could see that he wasn't just resting his eyes he was lightly snoring.

I smiled as an idea popped into my head. I stood behind his chair and placed my hands on his shoulders. I began to slowly massage his shoulders.

He always used to say that I gave the best massages. A few seconds into the massage he lifted his hands and placed them firmly on top of my hands, which stopped my movements.

"Amethyst what the hell are you doing?"

His movements were lazy. I could tell that he was beyond tired because his eyes were still closed.

I moved his hands away and continued to massage his shoulders and neck. He was very tense. "I'm trying to make you feel good." That was the truth. I wanted him to be in a good mood before I poured my heart out to him.

"Amethyst I'm married."

"No, you're engaged, there's a difference." I corrected him.

This time he grabbed my left hand and pulled me around the chair so that we were now looking into each other's eyes.

Silence fell upon us.

"Yo, what's wrong with you

No Negro, what's wrong with you?

"You! You're what's wrong with me." I shrieked surprising the both of us with my tone of voice.

He sat up giving me his undivided attention. "What did I do Ame?"

"I miss us. Is it that fucking hard to tell? I have not stopped loving you after all these years and I couldn't help but to think about how life would be different if I would have never left." I specified confidently getting straight to the point.