Epilogue

"And there you have it," the storyteller said, looking about at the uplifted faces. "They got married soon afterwards and lived together, happily forevermore. Theirs was a wedding feast such as you can barely imagine. It was one of a kind in splendour and emotion. Flynn received an imperial pardon, although I'll say it should have been the Emperor to receive a Flynn pardon, after everything they put the poor man through. But that's not important, is it? They lived, and happily... and regally, which is much better than we do and why we love to hear such tales."

"Yay!" one of his spectators exclaimed.

"That was a much better ending," another chimed in.

"Soppy," someone muttered.

"No, it wasn't! It was perfect. That's how a story's supposed to end."

"Yes! Where would we be if we didn't have any hope for a happy ending?"

"Drivel," the dissident maintained.

"Now, children," Jo admonished. "That will do. Not everyone has to like the story. We are each entitled to our own opinions and I am happy to hear what Edmond has to say. His opinions count too."

His words were followed by some grumbling and then someone else asked, "Can we have another?"

"Yes! Another!"

"With heroes, this time. Battles! Warriors!"

THE END

For more information about The Wishmaster Series and The Wordmage's Tales, look here: www.ulule.com/wishmaster-series/