Chapter 8 Chess Players

"should I drive you home?" Harry finally asked. they had just been talking, not wanting to bowl anymore. Preston and Harry just felt more attracted to Finley, which Finley noticed and dispised. she hated their attention.

they treated her like some kind of girl. and of course she was, but they treated her like a girl they liked, like someone popular like Sally.

"alright." she agreed. she felt like she owed it to Harry after that stupid disgusting kiss with Preston. the only readon she agreed with the dare was, well you simplky just don't deny a dare. or bet or whatever.

"I'll see you later Finley." Preston kissed her cheek before she could even step back. after he was out of sight she wipped her cheek.

"gross." she said. she looked at Harry smiling slightly. "thanks for you know, offering to drive." she said awkwardly.

"well i couldn't let you drive with that creep." this made her laugh. she knew Harry disliked Preston, it kind of hurt her she was the reason.

"You dislike each other a lot don't you?" she asked, Harry shrugged.

"I guess." he mumbled as he strated to walk towards the car and opened the passenger seat, she got in.

"did you guys dislike each other before you knew me?" she asked him, hoping he would answer honestly.

"well we didn't like each other perse, but it wasn't like we hated each other, but we don't reallt hate each other either." Harry shurgged again.

he started to car and started to drive. "where do you live?" he asked her.

"fourty five Pinestreet." she replied.

"how's Stan?" he asked her, she almost chocked when he asked her that. "I mean, he is your brother right?" he asked.

"yes of course he's my brother, or we'd be talking about a diffrent Stan." she laughed lightly. "but he's fine, why do you aks?" she asked.

"oh I was just wondering, he's my best mate." Harry said proudly. a smile apeared on Finley's face, he was rpoud to call Stan his best friend.

"oh you're that Harry, I hadn't even thought about that. I should've actually. you don't seem like the type to be playing chess." she wanted to mess around with him.

"chess?" Harry wondered, his voice being higher then normal. she wondered if he's lie for Stan. he probably would.

"yes." she said in a matter-of-fact tone. "you and Stan know each other because you both play chess right?" she tried to be as innocent as possible.

if Harry was drinking water right now he would surely have spit it out. "Ch-Chess, yes, of course." he said, not really convincing. "we both play chess, I love to play chess." Harry said excitedly.

she giggled. "so you could play with me then? I suck at chess and Stan has always wanted to play with me but I was embarassed because I play poorley." she faked a sigh.

"uhm... wel- you know. uhm..." she laughed thinking Harry struggling was rather funny. he scratched the back of his head, his right hand remaining on the steeringwheel.

"well yeah." He finally managed to say. she smiled. "but I'm not as good as Stan, he always beats me." he said awkwardly.

"really?" she faked confusion. "he always says you're the better one, that he was the one always losing."

"really?" Harry's eyebrows shot upwards. "he's probably just being modest honestly." Harry said, his cheeks were flaming red and he could only hope Finley wouldn't notice.