Chapter 9 Black Birthday Cards

"so how was your date with Preston?" Pete asked excitedly, a big smile on his face. Alexis and Pete had been begging Finley to tell them what had happened. but she wouldn't say much.

"fun." she mumbled. looked down at her book. this was the only class they shared with the three of them. sadly it was Economics and Finley scored Cs on this subject unlike Pete and Alexis who got As and Ba.

"oh come on, what happened, please tell us." Alexis begged, holding her hands together. Finley flipped a page of her note book and started to scribble down more notes.

she didn't want to talk about it. she was in a poor mood ever since Harry had driven off like that. "it was fun." she said.

"you're no fun, we were like more excited for you date and then you won't even tell us a thing." Pete pouted thinking Finley was acting like a child.

"well maybe you should've gone on a date with him then." she snapped at them, grumpily turning her attention back to her notes.

"no need to get all angry with me." Pete rolled his eyes but Alexis finally saw Finley wasn't feeling well at all.

"we'll stop asking alright?" She asked softly. "we're soryy Fin, we were just too curious to see how you felt." she said honestly. now pointed out to him. Pete saw she wasn't in a great mood either.

"yeah." he agreed. "we're sorry." Finley kept quiet most of the lesson. she dreeded the end of the day, she'd have to see Harry. maybe not as Finley but she would see him.

the thought of Harry made that nasty feeling return, it felt like guilt but worse. She wondered if she liked him, and that the feeling was becasue she liked Harry.

but why would she have rejected him. her insticns told her too, why would she like Harry. he is and always will be just her friend.

she was probably guilty, and felt bad about the fact had driven off all angry. the bell rang and she was gone before she knew it.

but she slowed her pase as she saw Harry disapearing inside the classroom. she had this class together with him.

sh took a deep breath and entered the class with a heavy heart, he head bowed down as she made her way to a seat,

she sat down unpacking her bag, she heard the chair next to her scrape against the floor and she looked up. Harry sat down next to her. he smiled at her.

"hey." he grinned at her, she smiled a small unsure smile back.

"hey." she said back, a bit taken back by the fact he wasn't acting like he was mad, like he was as angry as he had been when he had driven off.

"so, uhm... about yesterday. I'm sorry, I lost it for a bit." Finley nodded absently. "so I'm forgiven?" he asked.

"of course, it wasn't like you should ask for forgiveness. I was just being a brat, so I don't blame you." she shurgged. "I was affraid you would still be mad." she confessed.

"belive me, I could never be actually mad at you. I was just frustrated." he grinned at her. "so what is your favorite color?" he asked out of nowhere.

"what?" she asked funnily. "why would you ask that all of sudden?" she wondered.

"well, I was wondering if you liked pink, and I assumed you wouldn't be crazy about pink you know. but what kind of colors do you like, I mena do you like yellow or red. because if I had to ever buy you a birthday card would I buy you a blue one or a green one or neither. I mean-"

"black." she cut his rambling off. "My favorite color is black, because I get an headache from other bright colors." she said seriously.

"Really? black?" He asked, a bit suprised. "so it's going to be a black brithday card?" this made both of them laugh.