Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I get up early to make pancakes for my new housemate. I've never really lived with anybody else, especially a hybrid, so to say I was excited was an understatement. I grab my phone before I forget and call a number that I haven't really called in a while.

"Y/n?" the voice asks on the other line.

"Hey Hoseok!" I say while pressing the phone up to my ear.

"Hi," there's a nervous laugh on the other side, "it's been a while."

"Yeah it has. Listen, I'm in town and I might need a favor." I ask using the sweetest tone I could muster.

"Uh..sure...yeah what do you need?" he asks.

We continue chatting for a bit, trying to catch up on the past couple months. I finish my glorious stack of pancakes for Jimin just as I see him come down to the kitchen. His droopy eyes widen at the sight of my creation as I shove the plate in his hands.

I cover the phone for the second before whispering, "I've left some syrup on the table," and I shoo him away to eat while I make the rest of the pancakes for myself. I giggled at his dazed face while continuing to talk to Hoseok.

"What? Oh nothing. Just making breakfast."

I finish making my own stack and end the call with Hoseok. I walk over to the dining table where I see the hybrid curiously sniffing at the pancakes.

I set my plate down and grab the syrup and drizzle it all over the top. I look over to his untouched plate and do the same. His eyes fascinatingly followed the liquid falling down slowly.

"There!" I say before taking a large chuck of my breakfast and practically stuffing it in my mouth. I look over to him finally taking a small slice and trying it. He chews ever so slightly before I can see his tail starting to wave back and forth.

We sit there for the next couple minutes enjoying the morning and having a full breakfast.

I looked at him as we finished, "I called a friend who's in touch with a hybrid doctor. They'll be coming shortly."

After a while the doorbell rings and I go up to the front to open it. I'm greeted by two people.

"Hey Hoseok!" I look to the man beside him, "You must be Dr. Kim Seokjin." I welcome the two in.

All three of us head to the living area where Jimin is. We chatted loudly as we made our way there. Suddenly I hear a growl.

Jimin had jumped up and moved at least 5 feet away from us across the room while standing in a defensive position. His tail moved aggressively while his fangs showed through his teeth. His feet were lunged apart ready to move in any direction if needed to and his ears were pressed back against his head.

"Can you guys wait in the kitchen for a second." I say. The doctor nods and starts walking away. Hoseok's eyes are still wide and he refuses to leave.

"Y/n...I don't think I should leave you here alone. He seems dangerous." says Hoseok trying to hold on to my arm. I hear another snarl from Jimin and I swiftly remove Hoseok's hand from my arm. I maintain eye contact with Jimin.

"Go Hoseok. You're making him uneasy. I can take care of this." I reply.

Hoseok reluctantly lets out a quick sigh, "If I hear anything, I'm coming back." He leaves the living room leaving just me and Jimin.

Jimin's eyes lock in the direction of the kitchen while still making occasional aggressive growls.

"Jimin.." I say softly trying to get the attention of the hybrid. His eyes snap to mine. I try to keep my chin up not falling under his death gaze.