Chapter 28

Chapter 28

We stood silently in the middle of the hallway between our two bedrooms. I didn't want to say goodnight so soon. Hesitantly, I looked at him.

"Are you tired?" I whisper in the stillness of the hallway. His hand was in mine and I relished the feeling. The hallway was just dark enough that we could barely see each other's silhouette and the walls of the corridor. The only way I knew he was close was the warmth from his hand in mine as he led me up to our rooms.

His land leaves mine and I almost pout, but the heat from him presses closer to me. I feel his arms drape around my waist. My arms automatically reach around his neck, the chills send down my spine from the physical attention he's giving me - and I loved it.

"No.." His cheek presses softly against mine, my legs melting right there.

"Me neither."

I get lost for a moment in the dark. His touch made me feel so many things that I couldn't concentrate on anything.

"...can I stay with you?" he whispers into my ear and I feel like I'm going to lose my mind if he goes any further.

We quietly creep into my room like little kids staying up past their bedtime. Although my room brought back sour memories, it still held the hidden adventures of my past. The futile attempts at exploring what I could have inside my younger self's mind left behind many artifacts that retold my childhood. We searched through the old wardrobes and cabinets looking for any remnant of my past.

Frustratedly, I look over to Jimin to see if he found anything worthwhile. He held something familiar in his hands, curiously examining the notebook.

"Oh, you found my old sketchbook," I tell him.

"Sketchbook?" He flips through the pages looking at my old drawings from when I was a little girl till high school. Curiously, I watch his expression as he examines each and every drawing. A soft smile appears on his face, then his eyes turn wide, then he smiles again. My heart warmed at his genuine reactions.

We sat on my bed as I told him the story behind each and every drawing and he'd ask questions. He never seems to forget to throw a compliment between each page.

He giggles at one of my drawings, "How old were you when you made this?"

"I was seven. There was this elderly couple at the park and they'd bring their cute little dog. They let me play with it when I had the chance. I really liked that dog so I drew a picture of it."

He giggles again and I roll my eyes.

"I was sevennnn, cut me some slack." I emphasize trying to turn to the next page, away from the embarrassing doodle.

"No no no it's cute!" he interjects.

"Mmm sure."

The drawings became slowly more and more realistic as I got older. Instead of laughing, he gawked in amazement.

"You drew these when you were sixteen! There's no way!" He exclaims while looking at a detailed cityscape.

I chuckle, "Yes way. I actually started signing the date on these. See." I placed my finger on the edge of the page where the date was neatly written.

The sunflower yellow blended with the pastel orange, dancing and swimming in the rose red. Then, fading into the lilac and midnight colors. The whites of the stars dotted on the page made it feel like you were staring into the galaxy. I remember watching the sunset one day as I snuck out to the roof of the house.

The next set of drawings were all portraits of random people. From kids at school to random people walking down the street on a lazy afternoon. Jimin stopped at a page, looking to me for more information.