Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Things were different between us. We were still readjusting to each other. The old times felt distant even though it was only some months ago. It was just like our friendship was much more defined. More serious. We both had something to lose now.

Each other.

Once everything was gone I felt horrible. I wanted nothing more to spend the rest of my days with him in my life.

It was weird though.

Because things were definitely more awkward.

Every time I'd catch him staring at me at the dining table. Every time he'd catch me staring at him. I can feel the blush on my cheeks just thinking about it. Snap out of it Y/n!

I felt my stomach growling. If I could just get past the hallway and into the kitchen without awkwardly bumping into him.

I had a clear view of the bag of pretzels on the countertop. I could just sprint over there, grab a handful and run back. I looked around the living room and entrance. There was nobody in sight. The house filled with silence, the only apparent sound being my obnoxious beating heart. One step after another I dart to the kitchen heading straight for the bag. My feet slide on the floor as I hurriedly grab some pretzels.

I could just take the bag to my room...

My mind darts back and forth as I assess my options. After making the important decision to steal the bag to my room, I eat the last pretzel I have in my hand and grab the bag. Hurriedly, I turn on my heels but I nearly fall back from shock.

Jimin stood right in front of me with his eyebrows raised. He had this look of curiosity on his face as I was caught red handed.

"...what are you doing?" His head tilts at me and I try to brush my surprise off.

"Oh..just..hehe..getting a snack." My ears turned red from how awkward I sounded. Abort y/n! Abort! Oh how I wished I had a backspace button on my life.

He scrunches his eyebrows at me, "You...sound weird. And you're acting weird-"

"-Nothing! I'm fine!" I swear my voice cracks two octaves higher. This is really not going well for me. He leans a little forward as my back presses up against the counter. I can feel my heart hammering against my chest when he moves a little closer.

My eyes drop straight down to his lips as his face inches closer to mine. I nervously gulp down my feelings. He pulls back after a few seconds with a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"Mm alright," he hums. I let go a breath I didn't realize I was holding. He takes a step back and I awkwardly make my way around him back to my room. Taking deep breaths, I try to calm my beating heart, but I realize something was missing from my hands.

The heck!

I look back and notice Jimin chuckling to himself as he eats the rest of the contents of the bag. How could you be so dumb Y/n! He stole the bag right under your nose!

"Yah!" I march right back to him demanding the rest of the pretzels. He snickers at my reaction as he holds the bag high in the air.

"Forgetting something?" he mocks me as I swipe my arm around trying to reach for it.

I jump up on my tip toes, "Give it back! I'm hungry!"

There was no way I was going to let him win this. I followed him while he lured me all around the kitchen. His laughs sounded so pure to my ears I couldn't help a smile form on my face. I complained like a lovesick puppy for my bag of pretzels as he led me all the way over to the living room.