Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I started painting my landscape early in the morning. At the beginning, I sporadically started tracing out shapes and objects but after several hours of erasing and redrawing I decided that I needed a break.

This had to be perfect!

I haven't really seen Jimin all day now that I think about it. Every once in a while I notice him carrying a book around. Maybe he's in the library?

I decide to head down towards the library in the master bedroom. As I walk through the bedroom another chill runs across my skin. I really need to reorganize this room out and maybe repaint it. Too gloomy and dark.

I finally make my way to the library as I search for Jimin. After walking through many aisles I find him along the back looking deeply into a book.

He's simply standing there in the center of the aisle. I stand right in front of the book he's reading.

"Aren't you gonna sit down?" I look at him with wide eyes trying to figure out what he's reading.

He looks up at me before shutting the book quickly and putting it back on the shelf.

"I got distracted for a second." He replies but I pull the same book out looking at the cover.

His eyebrows raise slightly and he starts to say something but I interrupt.

"What do we have here? A Beginner's Guide to Painting and All Its Techniques. Since when were you into painting Jiminie?" I ask, flipping through all the pages.

He looks to the side. "I...uh..." he starts but I cut him off by closing the book and putting it back in its place.

"If you want to learn how to paint, you should ask the painter living under the same roof as you. Not some third rate tutorial book." I say.

"I don't want to disturb your work." He mumbles as he starts walking towards another aisle. I skip beside him as he looks at another selection of books.

"You wouldn't be disturbing me. In fact, it would be a great learning experience to teach someone else." I reply.

"Mmm I'll think about it." He says while putting back another book.

I roll my eyes as I follow him to another section of books. He looks through a couple titles and finally pulls out one and starts looking into it. After a minute, I get rather impatient and start tapping my foot.

"How do you read all day?" I ask him.

"How do you paint all day?" He retorts back.

"Touché," I reply, slightly annoyed, "How about you tell me a good book to read and I'll teach you how to paint."

He looks up with a grin on his face. "What kind of deal is that?"

"Hey!" I exclaim to him, my mouth slightly agape.

I notice him smirking a little bit.

He closes the book he was holding and takes a step forward towards me.

I take a step back but my back runs into the shelf of books behind me. He takes another step closer and my breath hitches.

Our faces are so close, I can feel his soft breath on my face. My mind goes completely blank while I stare into those captivating eyes.

His arm moves forward reaching behind me towards the shelf. He pulls out a book and steps back. His arm reaching out to me, I take the book from him, steadily trying to calm myself.