Free Run ✗Epilogue

Brielle

Sitting down with my parents with Chris by my side telling them I'm pregnant had to be the hardest thing I've done this far. I was really worried about what my dad thought about this whole thing. Feeling like I let him down since this wasn't suppose to happen yet to his baby girl. This wasn't our idea of how my life should be. My dad always lectured me about marriage first, sex after, kids later. But I like every other female in my situation had it backwards. Everyone makes mistakes, things happen for a reason. As I was telling them that I was pregnant, my moms face turned white and my dad just kept repeating the words what you say? Kind of like Chris did when I told him. It was scary but funny at the same time when my dad dismissed himself from the room. All these years I thought his ass was playing but he really did have a shotgun, when he cocked the gun my face lit up in shock but turned into a smile and laughs cause I knew he wouldn't do shit with it. But Chris immediately stood up, the fear in his face was priceless.

There was nothing either one of them could do to change anything. This is my, excuse me, our responsibility. I'm not going to beat myself down for it, having baby doesn't mean I still can't do what I set out to do. I'm not going to lose sight of myself because I have somebody other than myself to look out for. This only means I need to be stronger whether I have Chris to help me or not. When I found out I was pregnant that was a the same day as the music video shoot. The weeks I was annoying Chris I didn't feel well, I wasn't sick or had symptoms I just felt my body changing.

After I went to the mall, I ran out to the store to buy a pregnancy test. My nerves were shot waiting for the reading to come through, I could barely hold it in my hands as I read it was positive. Wanting to really confirm I scheduled a doctors appointment, I missed my period as my appointment came up. I didn't know whether it was stress related or I was really pregnant, I rather it had been the stress but whatever that's life. I don't know exactly how I got pregnant, condom could've broke, when he took it out maybe some dropped in, I don't know I really wasn't paying attention to that shit.

After I told Chris he did the best he could for right now, nothing has changed between us. Those mixed messages are still strong as ever, we still do the same things we used to do except argue. When we are together it's no telling what could go down, one moment we could be all over each other and the next all we want to do is be far away from each other. The other day I went over to his house and played my music video as he stroked my belly, it was a playful fight we had after. He swears up and down that the song is about him, but I deny it. I can't say if it was about him or not, I just said what I was feeling.

"Uhh ehh, what the hell you think you doing?" Chris alarmed me.

"What it look like, I'm getting a piece of your lobster." I said as we sat in Red Lobster together.

"Your ass know damn well you can't eat  seafood, eat your own damn food."

"Why the hell would you treat me to Red Lobster if you know I can't eat seafood, come on Chris it's only broiled lobster tail I should be good."

"No babe you will not harm my unborn child, you got a plate of parmesan pasta eat it."

I sulked into my chair mad that I can't eat the things I love, while his ass flaunts in my face that he can eat whatever he wants. Swear he does this shit just to piss me off, but I don't say nothing what I can I do?

"How does your mom feel about me being pregnant?"

"You already know she's head over hills excited, ain't like she can't be happy for me. I'm a grown ass man, I make my own decisions she can only stick by my side for it."

"Who would have thought you and I, raising a kid together." I jokingly shivered my body in disgust.

"You wouldn't want to have it any other the way," he smiled.