F I V E

Once we arrived at Java, the wonderful scent of coffee beans wafted through the air. I subconsciously close my eyes to collect the smell. This place smells like paradise. Cooper and I walk up to the counter, and as we wait for the employee who is probably in the back of the store, he tells me that his boyfriend and his friend are sitting on the other side of the coffee house.

I turn my head in the direction Cooper is pointing and my eyes fall on the most attractive man I've ever seen. He has this silky black hair- or maybe it's dark brown. And his eyes! They are these two beautiful blue gray orbs that I know I could stare at for hours... Is that weird? And don't get me started on his body. He's sitting down, but I can already see that he's built like a truck. His arms are extremely muscular and are most likely bigger than my thighs. He has biceps, triceps- all the 'ceps'! 

And now this man, whose name I don't even know, is staring at me with an intensity I've never felt before. I blush and look down at the ground, suddenly finding my shoes to be extremely interesting. Oh, look! My right shoe has a bit of dirt on it. I should probably clean that when I get home.

I'm interrupted from my thoughts by Cooper, who is tapping on my arm. "Hmm?" I say as I snap my head up to see what he wants. He chuckles and says "are you going to order?" This is when I notice that the employee came out from the back of the store. I turn to see that it's Tyler, a guy I went to high school with that I trained a few months ago. "Thea! It's great to see you again! How's school going for you? I miss having shifts with you" Tyler says with that pretty boy smirk that usually works on girls, but now I find I'm not in the mood for a boy, but a man. Oh my god? Where are these thoughts coming from?

"Hey Tyler! School's fine. How are you?" I ask, avoiding the comment about missing me. "I'm doing great! Just had football tryouts so hopefully I make the team." I remember Tyler played football in high school. I never went to any games- I was the girl who stayed home to study- or at least use studying as an excuse to be antisocial. I still remain on the shy side, but I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone. 

"Yeah, hope you do" I say, not knowing what I'm supposed to say in this situation. I barely know the guy and he's striking up a conversation with me. I guess he's just trying to be nice. "Can I get a vanilla latte for myself and caramel macchiato for him" I nod in Cooper's direction. "Ooh! Also do you have any blueberry scones?" I question, biting my lip in anticipation. "Oh, we don't have any made right now. I can start a batch right now" Tyler says. 

I look behind me and see a line is starting to form. "No, that's okay. We'll just take the drinks. How much?" I ask.

"On the house" Tyler smiles at me. I'm about to tell Tyler that he really isn't supposed to do that at Java when I hear a low growl tear through the room. I jump and turn my head in the direction of the sound. Instead of finding a grizzly bear in the room, I just see an extremely grumpy looking... I don't even know his name, but it's the really attractive guy that I'm praying isn't Cooper's boyfriend. There's another guy with golden blonde hair and brown eyes across from Grumpy who matches him in size and looks. I didn't even notice him when I first walked in. 

"What the heck was that?" I ask Cooper, alarmed by the sound. "Um, it was just a motorcycle going by or something" he says to me. That did not sound like a motorcycle, but I guess that's what it must be. I don't see an animal around here. "C'mon Thee, let's go sit down."

Cooper grabs the coffees and leads me over to the table where the other guys are already seated. I chuckle at what Cooper just called me, because Evie always calls me that. They would probably get along really well. They both act like 6 year olds.

The closer we get to the table, the more nervous I get. This is what happens when I don't go out at all during high school and am thrust into social situations. What if I don't know what to say? What if they don't like me, or think I'm weird? And now, I realize that since the two guys are sitting across from each other, I'm going to have to sit next to one of them, not Cooper. This just helps my nerves even more.