T H I R T Y - F I V E

It feels like someone stuffed cotton in my mouth- that's my first thought as I wake up. Wait... is there cotton in my mouth? I bring my fingers to my lips and sigh in relief when I realize that I'm perfectly fine. I open my eyes and notice that I'm lying in Grayson's bed. It takes me a few moments to remember why I'm here, and the memories instantly start flooding my brain. Eli must have removed the sleeping spell because I had a dreamless sleep. Thank goodness!

I remember feeling fearful that Eli would betray me, but he stuck to his word and saved my life. I didn't forget that he was the reason it was in danger in the first place, but he did seem full of remorse as he attempted to make it right. I still have a lot to say to him, and Elle, but for now I just really want some water. And coffee. And food. Okay, I want a whole freaking buffet- sue me!

I shift into a sitting position and feel a slight pain in my left arm. I find an IV inserted, so I slowly start peeling off the tape. I cringe as I pull the small tube out of my arm- I can't go downstairs and get food while dragging around an IV pole. Thinking of food, I eagerly stand and aim for the door, but my legs feel like noodles. I fall to the ground like a sack of potatoes and groan at my stupidity... How long have I been asleep?

The door bursts open and I immediately feel the warmth and sparks that indicate that my mate is touching me.

"Fuck, baby. Are you okay? I leave for one minute and you fall!" Grayson easily brings me to my feet as he looks over me with concern. I chuckle and give him a hug. My arms wrap around his torso as I close my eyes and relax in his hold. I feel so refreshed- and alive. The past week has been extremely rough on my body and mental health, and I'm just grateful that I'm alive and able to hug Grayson. I think I'd go mad if I had to experience one more dream with Grayson dying.

"Why did you take the IV out? You could have hurt yourself even more! The doctor should check you out first before you start walking around and-"

His worrying is kind of cute, but he needs to stop nagging. I place my pointer finger over his lips so he stops talking, and I smile at his shocked expression. I guess the Alpha's not used to being shut up...

"Gray, I'm absolutely fine. I'm a little stiff, but I'm perfectly healthy. How long was I asleep anyway?" I ask him the question expecting him to say anywhere from 12-15 hours.

"Two and a half days," he grumbles as he pulls my body closer to him. I'm completely shocked. I slept for two and a half days straight?!? I didn't even know that was possible!

"W-what? H-how did I sleep f-for that long?" I ask as I pull away from his embrace. I begin pacing the room impatiently. I guess that's why I had an IV- I needed nutrients for the DAYS I spent sleeping and not eating. I must have missed some school. That's upsetting. Hopefully I don't fall behind. My mom wouldn't be happy about my missing school and- WAIT!

"Holy shit! My mom has no idea where I am! She probably thinks I'm dead in a ditch somewhere or kidnapped by some homeless man or something!" I begin pacing again and pulling at my hair. What am I going to tell her? I can't say I was with Grayson for two days- that will seem suspicious. I would have texted or called her in that span, so she'll think something fishy is going on. Oh my god! She's probably freaking out and-

I stop pacing when I hear an amused laugh. I turn and glare at Grayson with my arms crossed at my chest and my nostrils flaring in annoyance.

"What? What's so funny?" I grumble as I begin tapping my foot on the ground. Grayson walks up to me    and grabs me by my waist and pulls me towards him until there isn't an inch of space.

"You're cute when you're angry," he explains, and I huff out a breath when he only finds my anger hilarious. "I texted your mom from your phone. She thinks you've been staying with Cooper." I'm glad she knows I'm alive and well. I let out a huge sigh of relief.