| Chapter 5. |

"Well, detective. You're late." Jordyn faked a tone as if she was really bothered, which she was less of now that she saw how good looking he was. But still, she had to let him know she meant business. A little reverse psychology never hurts.

"I'm aware. Mind sitting for a minute?" His tone was warm and inviting, with a deep baritone mixed with a dose of molasses, making him sound as sweet as pie. He asked his question, but was already pulling out the chair as if she already answered.

He paused. "Code 30 patched in. I called your office but you were out." He waited as she gave him a suspicious look, turning back as she took the seat.

"Yeah. Waiting for you. What did you say your name was again?"

He clenched his jaw in an unsettling way, sliding into the seat across. "Stone. Sean Stone."

She swore she never heard the name before. "You new here?"

"Came from narcotics," He responded, his eyes leaving hers as he observed the small line at the front of the cafe. "Excuse me for a second."

He didn't give her a chance to answer as he hopped up, next in line right on time as he ordered himself a, well, Jordyn didn't know. She only heard him ask for triple shots of espresso at the end.

Suddenly, they were locking eyes. "Get you anything?"

"No."

Sean passed the barista a $20 bill. And while putting the change back in his pocket, he looked towards the worker for the second time. "Hey. Face me while you make it. Don't need anything I don't know in my drink."

The worker looked at him with an annoyed face, passing him his drink and letting him return to his lunch pal in a matter of 2 minutes, a hot black coffee in his hands. "Alright. I'm back."

"If you're from narcotics, why am I sitting here with you?" Jordyn wasted no time in getting started, watching as his pink lips rested on the lid of the plastic cup. She never wanted to be a piece of styrofoam so bad. He didn't even pull back though Jordyn knew the drink was steaming.

"Everyone likes to branch out sometimes. Heard you were the lady to work with when it comes to homicide."

Jordyn's facial expression changed as he said his words, coming back to reality as her lips flat lined. "Why not a fresh case?"

"Because lady of the year didn't get it for nothing new."

"I also didn't get lady of the year working with somebody from narcotics."

"You will this Christmas. Might even snow." A small smile pulled at her lips. She couldn't help it. Something about his energy was electrifying. Like she knew him in another life.

She kept her eyes glued to him, scrunching her face up as she caught him eyeing something in the distance. "You okay?"

"Yeah fine." He shook his head once noticing her uncomfortable aura and glancing up at her. She watched him sip his coffee, clearing her throat and switching her crossed legs.

"So, since you were passed on to me, they may have told you that I already have a lead."

She stopped speaking, once noticing how his eyes were glossed over in an odd daze. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. I just thought..." His eyes shifted to his coffee mug then behind him towards the barista, then out the window. He started shaking his head. "I said I'm fine. What's the lead?"

"Got the name of the company supplying a guy going around claiming he did it." She adjusted herself in her blazer as she leaned forward and stared closely at the stranger in front of her. His light-hued flawless skin a bit pale as his dark eyes met her own- the cold color of midnight, in the dead of winter. His nose was curved a bit, the perfect shape, size, and length to match the cushions right below, soft and alluring as he licked them slowly. She knew he caught her staring and her eyes went to take him all in, noticing the 1 inch scar that slashed across his right cheek. Didn't affect his beauty though.