| Chapter 8. |

A hot and well needed shower was the only thing that seemed to keep Jordyn sane and help in clearing her mind the following morning. The memory and details of the dream she had the night before, as well as the other day, stayed boggled in her brain, as she let the shower water travel down her slim, beautiful body. She shook her head, still not being able to understand just how or why she was having these nightmares suddenly. Yeah, she was working a case but that was her job. She solved over 100 last year with not one dream occuring. Now here she was, having two within days. And the one from last night was different. It felt more like a memory than something she just conjured up in her head. But the ending was straight out of a murder scene and that, she just coudln't piece together. Or maybe she didn't want to.

She sighed, continuing her shower and washing every spot of her body before rinsing off and climbing out. She dried off, wrapping the towel around her body as she slowly made her way over to the sink to brush her teeth. When she finished, she went to her bedroom, where she began moisturizing her body with her Bath and Body Works scent, put on undergarments and got herself together. She decided to "jazz" up her hair, putting in a large fishtail braid and having it go down her back. Once done, she applied makeup to her natural face, when her cell phone suddenly began ringing. She dropped her eyeliner down on the dresser, raising an eyebrow at the phone number with no caller ID.

"Hello?" She greeted, her tone coming off uneasy as she didn't know who was on the other line.

"Hey," She knew that voice anywhere. "It's Sean."

"Good morning." She cleared her throat, switching the ears she was listening with as she picked the eyeliner back up and began doing her business.

"So, I got some information. Are you already at your office?" He questioned, as she checked her watch to make sure she wasn't late. It was only 8:35. Which meant Sean must have liked working early.

She finally answered him, staring at herself through the mirror as she spoke into the microphone. "Uh, no. Not yet. I was actually still getting ready."

"Great, do you mind stopping by my place on your way then?" He asked, his voice alone sending chills up her body. She almost asked why she would go there, when he answered her thoughts. "I like to work from home. Too many people at the station."

"Okay. Yeah, I can do that."

"Cool. I'll text you directions."

"See you later." He hung up before she pulled the phone from her ear, tossing it on the bed as she strolled in front of her closet. She scanned the various items, most consisting of pants and blouses as she contemplated on what to wear. Finally, after 15 more minutes of scanning and searching, she pulled on a fitting violet dress that she almost never wore. It had a daring and deep neckline that put her B-cup breasts on display, along with showing off a great amount of her small, plump ass. She looked good, yet, still work appropriate and didn't need a reason to switch it up as she reached for her purse. She slipped into a pair of stylish steel shoes she found online, heading out the door of her home as she went to her text messages, copying and pasting Sean's address into mapquest. Turns out, his home was only about 10 minutes away from hers, right in the direction of the office. She sighed deeply, getting started on paying her partner a visit as she played with her music a bit.

When she pulled up to the address, she took notice of the condominium building that she pulled up to and how beautiful it was. It had a state of the art exterior and Jordyn could only imagine what the inside was like. She hopped out of her car in a daze, passing her keys to the valet as she was escorted inside by the doorman. She made her way over to the man at the front desk, watching as he clicked rapidly on his laptop.