| Chapter 7. |

While driving home, Jordyn tried to keep her mind on details from her case, but almost as soon as she left, Sean came flooding into her brain. Thoughts of how close he was, thoughts of how attractive he was. She just knew he had to feel the sexual tension building between them, and she hated that he was using it to psych her out- like earlier. She had never been this way before with any other man. Not Noel, not anyone, and here was Mr. Stone hitting a curveball. She was stressed that she couldn't shake him. Not only was he handsome, but he was charming too. There weren't many men out there that would open and close your door, or even bring you hot cocoa in the morning and Sean was doing both. Right off the bat from their second time meeting. And above all of that, he was smart too. He proved that when he suggested getting in contact with the operator, which never crossed Jordyn's mind, even once.

Before she even knew it, she had spent the whole damn car ride thinking about this man. Pulling up in front of her apartments, climbing out of her vehicle and going inside with it still in the back of her head. She yawned stiffly for the second time as she unlocked the front door and smelled the aroma of something inviting and delicious fulfilling the house, meaning April was home and she was cooking. She loved living with April, she always fed her.

"I'm home!" Jordyn shouted, closing the door behind her as April appeared in the doorway. She was wearing her work clothes, with an apron over top and her long box braids pulled back.

"Hey boo, what's up?" Her best friend asked, her feet shuffling towards the kitchen and stirring up some rice in the large pot.

Jordyn kicked off her flats, and took off her winter jacket before she followed. "What are you making?"

April started on cleaning the package of chicken breast. "Freestyling this rice and chicken bake. How was your day?"

"Not too bad. I worked on my new case, did some light interrogating." She answered, taking a seat at one of the bar stools where their table was set up.

"Anything good? New new or..." April questioned, turning the fire down on the rice with her free hand.

Jordyn shook her head, exhaling a deep breath. "Another cold case. And this one clearly went unsolved for the last 10 years for a reason. There's no information, the body is a John Doe, nothing to even track. We're giving it our best."

"We're? You're not working it alone?"

"Nuh uh," She reached into the bowl where April had cubes of sharp cheddar cheese, popping one into her mouth. "I'm working with this guy from narcotics. Stone."

"Narcotics, huh?" April began cutting the meat. "You know them guys from narcs is-"

"Yes, guys from narcotics are always caught up in narcotics, I taught you that. I've never seen him before, though. I'm thinking he's a transfer."

"Hmm. And is he young? Old?"

Jordyn stole another piece, wiping her hands of any crumbs. "Looks like he's around the same age as us, why?"

"Our age, huh?" April had a evident smirk on her face as she wiggled her eyebrows. "So, what's he like?"

Jordyn shrugged, knowing her best friend loves getting all the info. She got up from her seat, grabbing a bottle of water out the fridge as she shrugged. "I don't know. He's like... really mysterious. But also really nice too. He's already bringing me hot chocolate and opening my door and whatnot."

"Well, that's nice! And the looks?"

"Oh, Ril," Jordyn put a hand to her heart dramatically. "He's gorgeous."

"Gorgeous? Girl, I know you ain't got no crush." April started giggling.

"And that's all it will be. April, he is my partner. Nothing else."