Chapter 11: Confrontation

As Rose drives me to the hospital, I'm torn between whether to believe she is acting in my best interest or is Talion's ex-girlfriend, trying to get me out of the picture. Obviously, she is in love with Talion. Otherwise, she would not have slept with Dan while thinking he was Talion.

She is not being honest with me or herself.

"Cece, I know you don't know me very well, and trusting a stranger is difficult for anyone, but I swear I'm not lying or making up stories," Rose says.

Okay, I guess we are going to talk about what she said to me last night.

Looking at her, as she drives, I reply, "You know, I believed you last night and gave you the benefit of the doubt. Then, when I walked in, Talion was saying things to me that Dan could never know. He sang to me and we danced, so at that point, I no longer believed what you had said. Rose, I think you had a dream and thought it was real. I also think you may be in love with my husband. Possibly subconsciously."

"Cece, that was not a dream, and I am not in love with Talion. I can tell it happened. I can feel that it wasn't a dream if you know what I mean. Is it possible that you are mistaken? That Dan is alive, and he has returned once again?" She asks.

The shell game...

"I've thought about that too, because I've noticed Talion acting differently, on occasion as well. My question is, how did Dan switch places with Talion so often without being seen?" I ask as she nods while keeping her eyes on the road.

Rose then asks, "Is Dantalian his real name? That's what he asked me to call him when we are together."

Staring at Rose, I say, "He told you this last night?"

"No, but back when we were together. When I got pregnant." Rose explains.

Taking a deep breath, I shake it off and answer, "Yes, that is their first name. Dantalian is Dan and Dantalion is Talion. They sound the same, mostly. But if he asked you to call him that, instead of Talion, then we now know for sure, the man you were with was Dan. As for last night, that was my husband and you must have been dreaming."

Rose says, "Cece, I'm so sorry about all of this and I feel terrible, but I must know the truth. Why do you not believe that Dan has returned? What proof do you have that Dan is dead? Was there a body? I know you said that there was an explosion, but something must have been left."

"No, there was nothing and everything on our street was obliterated. He is dead. I know Dan is gone because I killed him. I stabbed him with a drywall knife, and he died before the explosion even occurred." I say as she looks at me.

Staring straight ahead, she nods and says, "Alright, but still, there was no actual body and no proof that he died."

Glancing back at her I say, "Fine, then the next time you think Dan is here, in place of my husband, ask him a question that only Talion would know.

Rose answers, "What question should I ask?"

"Something from the past that only you and he would know about. A conversation you had or an instant in time that you two had together before the power went out. Ask him questions about the vineyard or something like that, and if he can answer it correctly, then I have a serious problem." I say while looking out the window.

She adds, "No, we will have a serious problem, Cece. I'll help you and Talion with all of this because you are my friends. Okay, we're here. Do you want me to call Talion? If we don't, he will be very mad at both of us."

Looking at my bruised arms, I know she's right.

"I'll call him," I reply.

While sitting in the hospital bed, after they did all of their bloodwork, Rose and I patiently wait for the results. The attending thinks I might be anemic and if that's the case, then it wasn't from the accident or Talion.