Chapter 2: Full Mage

"Amell!" I looked behind me to see Cullen running up to me and embraced me tightly. "I'm so glad you're all right. I was so worried."

I let out a chuckle and blushed. He cares for my safety. "Thank you Cullen, but no abomination will come out from me. No demon can get to me."

He looked at me with a smile and then he leaned his forehead against mine. "I'm just glad you are here with me."

"Me too."

He then closed the gap between us completely by pressing his lips against mine, his arms tightening around me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer against me. He let out a deep moan and I used that moment to stick my tongue in his mouth and fully explore. He tasted so sweet and soft, with a taste of raspberries meeting my tongue. I was so encapsulated by his kisses when I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen. I let out a small hiss and I broke away from his kiss to look down to examine what happened. A sword was pierced into my stomach, not just any sword, Cullen's sword.

Blood was beginning to reach my mouth and I looked at him with pain and confusion. "Why?"

He looked at me with sad eyes before piercing the sword further in and then pulling it out completely. He walked backwards as I fell down to my knees with blood pouring out of my stomach and mouth.

"I can't love an abomination. I'm sorry Scarlett. I had no choice. You failed your harrowing." Cullen lifted his sword again and the last thing I saw was his sword meeting my throat before complete darkness engulfed me.

"No!" I screamed.

"Scar! Scar! Wake up! It's me Jowan, wake up!" I opened my eyes to see Jowan grabbing my shoulders shaking me awake. "It was just a nightmare. You're fine." I didn't realize I was crying and I hugged him tightly.

We heard the door crash open before a templar ran inside with sword in hand. "What's going on here?"

"She was having a nightmare ser Julius." His eyes glanced at me and it softened before sheathing his sword.

"Very well." He turned around and walked away, closing the door behind him.

Jowan turned his attention back to me and softly pulled me away from him to see my eyes. "Are you sure you're fine?"

I nodded. "Yes, it was just a bad nightmare."

"I'm glad you're all right. They carried you in this morning, I didn't even realize you'd been gone all night. I've heard about apprentices who never come back from Harrowings. Is it really that dangerous? What was is like?" He looked very worried and a bit scared as well. I didn't know what to say.

"It was... harrowing."

"Is that why they don't tell us what it's about?" I nodded yes. "I know I'm not supposed to know... but we're friends. Just a little hint, and I'll stop asking, I promise!"

I let out a sigh and shook my head at him. "All right Jowan, but don't tell anyone I told you." He nodded his head quickly and sat down next to me on the bed. "I had to enter the fade."

"Really? That's it?" He looked confused, as if he didn't understand how that was so dangerous.

"And if a demon possesses you, they kill you." I said, telling him how dangerous it actually is.

"That... makes sense. They want to see if you can resist a demon and stop yourself from become an abomination." He sighed and stood up. "And now you get to move to the nice mages' quarters upstairs. I'm stuck here and I don't know when they'll call me for my Harrowing." He crossed his arms and looked away from me.