Chapter 11: Adamant

I closed my eyes tightly and took several deep breaths. I don't know what came over me. I thought I had stopped loving Cullen, but when I saw his gorgeous brown eyes, all of my feelings returned, good and bad. The small scar on his upper lip made him look so much more ravishing. I missed hearing his soothing voice and the taste of his kisses. Lavellan is a lucky woman to have him.

I opened my eyes and began making my way to the garden, passing by a bald elf, who immediately stopped what he was doing and stood in front of me.

"A moment." He said. I stopped walking and stared at him. "You are the hero of Ferelden are you not? I am Solas. I have a question for you."

"Sure, what is it."

"You were the one who kill the archdemon... but you still live. How is that so? I know Grey Wardens die when they kill an archdemon." He looked at me intently, trying to find the answer in my eyes.

"You'll have to speak to Morrigan about that. She's the one who saved me." I shrugged.

"Morrigan? I see. I thank you for speaking to me."

"You're welcome. Have a good day." I nodded as I continued to walk.

"Goodbye." He replied before returning to his work. Well, he's a weird man.

I walked through the garden and saw Morrigan speaking to a young boy. I approached her with a smile. "Morrigan!"

Her head snapped up towards me and recognition and surprise fluttered through her eyes. "Warden!"

I spread my arms and wrapped them around her in a hug. She stilled for a moment but slowly hugged me back, with a light pat on my back. I stepped back and grinned.

"My my, what have we here." She shook her head with a small grin.

"It is so good to see you Morrigan. It's been far too long." I then glanced at the boy behind her, noticing a similarity between them. His eyes.. his eyes were so familiar to me. "Is he..."

"My son, yes. He's name is Kieran." Morrigan answered. He's Alistair's ritual baby.

"He's not what I expected actually." I scratched my head sheepishly.

"He's a normal boy, like anyone else." Morrigan then motioned for him to get closer. "Kieran, I want you to meet a good friend of mine, the hero of Ferelden. Warden Amell."

"Nice to meet you lady. Mom speaks highly of you." He replied.

I raised an eyebrow at Morrigan and chuckled. "He's changed you."

She scoffed. "Don't be ridiculous. I am the same woman you met all those years ago." She then sighed. "Kieran makes me happy."

"Has Alistair met him?" She shook her head.

"No. And he never will. It is best for Kieran to not meet a father that cannot openly acknowledge him. It is also best for Alistair to not meet a son he won't see grow up. This is the best and only solution." I understood why she said that, knowing Alistair would want to know more once he met his son.

"I understand completely. He's a handsome boy. I hope we get together sometime to catch up, once all this is over. You both can come over to Gwaren and keep me company." I suggested.

"I'll keep that in mind Warden." I rolled my eyes at her with a shake of my head.

"Morrigan, my friend, why must you be so formal? After everything we've been through? My name is Scarlett." She looked at me with a knowing smile.

"I know this, yet I wish to refer to you as I please." She remarked. Same ol' Morrigan.

"I will speak to you tomorrow then. We must make plans for the attack on Adamant."