Chapter 3: A New Grey Warden

A.N.
I will be skipping several parts of the original Dragon Age storyline , but I will write about important things that happened in case you don't remember them in the games.

Once again, I do NOT own any Dragon Age character and the Dragon Age universe.

________________________________

Jowan led me the to the chapel where he introduced me to his forbidden lover, Lily, a chantry initiate. They revealed to me that Irving and Greagoir were indeed going to make Jowan tranquil. They asked me to help them escape and I agreed, he's my best friend after all. I don't want him to become tranquil without going through his Harrowing. I soon left on my own to confront Irving about Jowan and he revealed to me that Jowan was practicing blood magic. Jowan! Of all people! He couldn't even do a simple fire spell. How could he do this? Why? I can't let a blood mage escape, even if it's Jowan. I confessed to Irving about Jowan's plan to escape with Lily and we developed a plan to catch them in the act. Tonight, I will lose my virginity to Cullen. Once I'm done with this escape plan, I will find Cullen.

Once Jowan, Lily and I had acquired Jowan's phylactery and destroyed it, we made our way to escape the tower. We were leaving the basement when we got ambushed by Irving, Greagoir and some Templars. Jowan surprised us by using blood magic to attack them, earning the distrust and horror from Lily. Jowan escapes, Lily was sent to Aeonar, and Duncan recruited me to become a Grey Warden to save me from Greagoir's punishment. I was finally leaving the tower to become a hero.

I bid my farewell to Irving, thanking him for his mentoring and help. I didn't even got the chance to sleep on my new bed, and I definitely wasn't able to sleep with Cullen. I followed Duncan to the exit when I saw Cullen standing by the door with sad eyes. I stopped walking and Duncan turned to me before glancing at Cullen.

"I'll give you a moment to say goodbye." Duncan whispered before walking to the door to wait for me.

I took a deep breath and walked up to Cullen. Tears were beginning to form in my eyes at seeing his broken self. This could be the last time I ever see him. "Cullen-"

"I thought you weren't going anywhere." He whispered with a crack in his voice.

"I'm so sorry Cullen. Everything happened so quick. I never thought I would become a Grey Warden, but here I am." I looked around to see that Greagoir had left and only Irving remained. I took a hold of Cullen's hands on mine. "I... I love you Cullen. I've always had."

He looked up at me so quickly with wide eyes before tears fell down his cheeks. "I love you as well Scarlett. Too much."

I caressed his face. "You will always be in my mind. No matter where I am. Maybe there's a chance for us to be together after all, now that I'll be a Grey Warden." I leaned forward and gave him a kiss, no longer caring who was watching.

He kissed me fiercely and took a hold of my body, not wanting to let me go. We kissed one last time before I backed away from him.

"I will return again after the war is over, I promise." He smiled at me.

"Then I will wait for you to be in my arms again." He brought his hand up and touched the amulet I gave him. I did the same with his. "I carry you close to my heart as you do with me. I'll pray to the Maker to keep you safe so you can return to me."

"Goodbye Cullen." I sniffed.

"Goodbye my love." He smiled sadly.

And then, I walked away from the love of my life.

CULLEN'S POV

It has been days since she has left us and it has been horrible. I missed her dearly and my days have been long. I eagerly waited for news of the battle at Ostagar, but nothing came. The tower felt emptier and darker without her presence.