C H A P T E R 3 - CITY LIGHTS

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
—Authors note—
A little shorter update! I feel like I'm rushing this but I'm sorry hahaha. I also want to make this kinda interactive so I'll be asking for your opinions and suggestions I hope you can all participate Bc I wanna make you feel like your calling the shots if that makes sense! Please enjoy this really bad written chapter
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

That night was mostly just spent talking like hawks had wanted. By the time you had gotten to your cozy apartment, you had too much energy to sleep. It wasn't the alcohol keeping you awake not your job but instead, it was your friend. Hawks.

You two talked to hours on end catching up even more and seeing him as less as a hero and more of a person. It's funny to think like that but after being a hero it makes you see other hero's differently, that you almost forget they are just as breakable as glass.

You walk to your agency, yes you walked. Sometimes stepping down from the air and enjoying a nice stroll around the town before work hyped you up. It reminded you of what you needed to do, why you go out on the battlefield and fight. It grounds you from a high throne you have been placed since you could remember. Humbling if you must.

You make it to your agency as you push the glass doors to enter the buzzing lobby.

"( y/n)!(y/n)! Thank god you are here I was about to call you!"Sakura runs up catching you off guard, this woman is too energetic in the mornings it almost scared you.

You yawn and blink tiredly " yes Sakura?" You tilt your head while some of your other employees came up to you to sign some last-minute paperwork

"We have an interview appointment at 3 today as well as a monthly hero meeting with the city's heroes! I was also thinking of putting up applications for sidekicks-" you covered her mouth

" one thing at a time! And what about sidekicks!?" You ran a hand through your hair as the other left her mouth. You never felt the need for them, the government knew you didn't need them...so why was she so inclined now?

" okay look" she paused before taking your arm and pulling you to your office

" I would be great for your public image, as well as an opening for you." She spoke sternly now while writing things down on her trust clipboard " and UA is opening up a work-study and internships, I think it would be great to take someone under your wing " she winked while nudging at your arm.

" Sakura that was not even funny." You crossed your arms while sighing " well it can't be that bad anyway I wouldn't mind a small little sidekick" you caved.

Even if it didn't seem like it you were craving human interaction with other people besides your workers and Sakura. Sure you had other friends but it always had to tie back to the government. This time this felt like you would be taking this chance because you wanted to.

" Great! I'll have the kid's files after our meeting so you can pick and choose! Who would be the best fit"

With that she had left, she also left you thinking of these poor innocent naive children.
————
The end of the day rolls around and you sit at your desk looking at a few files. Some of these kids had Potential

"Bakugo Katsuki hmm.." you spoke to yourself as you read over his file. He was surely impressive but you didn't know if you would be able to house his quirk.