C H A P T E R 6- FRIENDSHIPS

You weren't a coward, and you weren't the type to run or back down from any situation. But the voice of your friend telling you to leave was something you would never hear in your life.

You didn't understand why he did a whole 360 on you. First, he was fine and being himself next thing you know he's acting like he got sick and very territorial, things weren't adding up.

You haven't known him for long. You only knew hawks through his childhood years and his now rising hero years. So maybe this was a normal thing and you were overthinking it.

Well, it didn't matter anyway, gave you enough time to fix yourself up for lunch with sora. You were looking forward to getting to know him more and making a friend that wasn't just hawks. Sure you had another close friend but it was hard to get her around since she was always so busy working and being a sidekick to endeavor.

But why did your heart still ache so much...

————
You waited at the designated area to meet up with sora. You tippy-toed and looked around the sea of people that would walk past you.

Soon enough you see his face in the crowd and wave him over. To your surprise, you see his white fluffy dog with him. Your eyes light up with joy as he approaches you

" I know you wanted to meet him so I decided to bring him along if you don't mind," he said kindly while a red tint adorned his cheeks.

You laughed it off and kneeled down slightly to outstretch your hand so he can take a sniff. little bimbus was already rubbing his head against your palm while his floof of a tail wagged back and forth.
" he's such a good boy! And so friendly" you're cooed while petting him in return

But at that moment he thought that was the most precious sight of you.

And you missed his admiring smile that sora cast upon you.

Also missing those unmistakable red wings that watched from a distance

———
After lunch, he had invited you to his place since it wasn't far from the little cafe you all were at. And you did have time to kill so why not.

You had learned a lot about your new pal. He was a sidekick as well, he was working with miss joke. You would have never expected it since she was a teacher at a school now but she was still running her agency which was impressive.

You also learned that being a hero wasn't his first pick.

He had told you that he had wished to be an astronaut

" my sister was always admit on seeing the moon up close...I told her I'd work as hard to take her to the moon"

You smiled at his kind words when he said that.

But after he had got his quirk his family pushed him to be a hero. To be a savior. To save people. Because that's who he was. A selfless kid who saw the best in anyone. You could have saw that from the beginning.

You were sitting on the porch outside his comfy home while bimbus rested on your lap letting you run your fingers through his fluffy hair. Something about this seemed therapeutic to you.

Maybe it was because you felt normal for a change. No hero work, no tests, no experiments...the smell of the inviting atmosphere of pine and wood.

It felt almost too good to be true.

" here I thought you might want some" sora comes back with two glasses of lemonade and some fruit he had cut up to snack.

" you don't have patrol any time soon right? " he asked while sitting across the chair from yours

" I decided I can sit one day off, it's not all the time when I get to sit and talk to someone that isn't my boss" or hawks

Sora laughed a bit and nodded " good because...I was enjoying your company"

And that warm fuzzy feeling came back again...

———
Hawks POV
-earlier that day-
I needed to apologize to her there wasn't anything in the world I could say to cut the tension we had left off.

I did not feel comfortable just letting her leave with the image of me staying leave in her mind.

But I knew the real reason was I was so desperate to reach her...

Her skin felt nice against mine..but if it wasn't for her scared look on her face who knew what could have happened...

I flew through the sky, the air clearing my thoughts and drying the previous sweat making my skin sticky and damp. Such an uncomfortable situation if you ask me.

I looked closely scanning and searching for her face, her hair for anything that could resemble her. I just needed to clear things up and that was my goal.

After a while of fruitless searching, I see her. I see her standing there with someone...someone I've never met...or no he looked familiar but his name just doesn't match a face.

I perch myself on a nearby billboard sign As I look closely at the two.

She never told me she had a friend..was this the friend that had texted her the other day...is this the person she was out with the other night?

All these questions swarmed my already busy mind as I watched her put the dog in front of her. But I knew that smile anywhere. That smile she held on her face was genuine happiness, something that I haven't seen since we were children when I would swoop her in my arms and take her to the building where we would scream out problems into the empty night sky.

But then I saw his face...I knew that look, I KNOW that looks, probably better than anyone. That look of utter Amazement and admiration was something I've caught myself doing more often than ever. That shine in his eye and that smile...I couldn't help but ask myself

" do you feel it too..."