C H A P T E R 4 - PROJECT: BLUE BIRD

A thud of files sliding on the desk in front of you is what jolted you awake from your small daydream. You look down then back up and the head honcho himself.

" What is this?" You inquire while taking the files into your own hands and opening one up to take a look, to anyone it was just endless words but you started to put two and two together.

" those are files of hawks, we gathered them from our sister agency" sister agency? Did you and hawks not work under the same wing of the government?

" go on..." you said skeptically while reading a random paragraph hoping that you will get some clue on what was going on.

" Since the launch of their project red wing took place, it has put us on the edge." He spoke sternly leaning back on his chair as he folded his hands together

" Since that day we have separated our branch from theirs, we do not condone double agents"

double agents?!

You read the file to the T and felt dread wash over you. Reconnecting with him had made you so happy to the point you looked forward to the next meeting. To know he was considered a traitor in the subsection of the government branch was something you didn't want to hear.

" Why are you telling me this." You put them down as you leaned forward trying not to seem like it bothered you as much as it did.

" you need to be careful. People like him can't be trusted" there was a silent pause " there's always a reason why you never hear people say his real name" you furrow your eyebrows "those types of people only care about themselves" you look down still in thought letting the words sink in.
——————
While you cooked a meal for yourself you kept his words in your head
"Those types of people only care about themselves"

But that couldn't be true? He wouldn't seek you out if he didn't care right?

You spaced out on your thoughts intensely the only thing bringing you out of your trance was the smell of burnt Tteokbokki.
———
You had kept the files plus's a few more they let you keep, you knew everything was almost sick. It didn't sit right that they gave you such personal information. Progress reports, training reports, even from emotional responses.

You didn't bother reading anymore as you threw the files to the side while letting out a grim sigh.

" why why why why..." you repeated while running your hands over your face and leaning back down on your comfy love seat on your patio.

You looked at the setting sky as you felt yourself relax a bit.

If everything was true then what would you do?

You had found someone that you can rely not on only in a working environment but maybe in a personal situation. It's not something you wanted to give up so easily

Picking up the scattered paperwork that had ended up spewing from the folder, you gradually made your way back inside since the cold wasn't something that you enjoyed, at least not with shorts and a thin t-shirt.

You put the files somewhere unreachable to the common person. These were more valuable than gold at the moment.

———-
running run run run run RUN