Chapter 10: A Heated Time

“What sort of nonsense are you spouting!” Sister Qing snarled, her eyes burning with molten rage.

Jinli replied flatly, “I’m simply putting her in my shoes. Sister Qing, deep down, you are a person with a good heart. For these 2 years, I know how much you have been helping me behind the scenes. I’m here, still in one piece, without getting sold by the company. All of this is because of you. That is why I am going to tell you the truth.”

Hearing that, shock crossed Sister Qing’s face. Her eyes widened as she stared at Jinli. She was in disbelief that Bai Jinli would say that.

How… how did she know?

A casual laugh escaped Jinli, “Sister Qing, you can choose whether or not you want to believe this, but the old Bai Jinli is dead.” Her eyes met Sister Qing’s shocked gaze, “Now, I am Jinli, without the family name. ”

The Heavenly Koi Goddess, Jinli.

Unsurprisingly, Sister Qing brushed it off as rubbish. She stared at Jinli, her face still in shock, her emotions complex. “You… It was all an act?” With that sentence, her sharp-tongued habit struck again. “If you were able to scheme this well, how did you still end up in this pathetic, idiotic state?”

“…”

Ignoring Sister Qing, Jinli quietly estimated the time.

I’ve got to hurry and settle the issues today. After all this, I’ve still got a lunch appointment awaiting me!

Just this morning, she had reserved a spot at an internet-famous, highly reputable restaurant. She couldn’t afford to be late!

“Sister Qing, I will be making my way to the President’s office. Let’s talk another time.”

Having finished with the formalities, she turned and left. Just before she walked out of the door, she looked back and gave a word of advice, “Sister Qing, the holidays are approaching for your daughter. Why don’t you take some time off for some Mother-Daughter time? Actually, just resign. This Morning Star isn’t a good working place.”

“What?” Sister Qing’s forehead creased. She could not fathom what Jinli was insinuating. Just when she was about to clarify, Jinli was already gone.

President’s office??

A sudden realisation dawned on Sister Qing. She immediately bolted to the President’s office. However, she was too late. The secretary stopped her right before the doors.

Discomfort and fear gnawed at her insides.

Even a disciplined man may drop his pants at the sight of Bai Jinli’s enchanting face, much less our President…

As the image of the President appeared in her mind, a cold shiver passed through her body.

The President has had his eyes set on Bai Jinli for a long time. Now, she is entering his office all alone. That was equivalent to giving herself up to his whims!

While she did not favour Bai Jinli much, she could not watch as a young woman got taken advantage of. Her heart and morals disallowed that.

She tried to barge in, but to no avail. Immediately, she tried plan B, and fished out her phone. Right at that moment, her phone vibrated. She received a text.

“It’s all good, I’m fine. Don’t worry.” It was followed by a familiar emoji. This had to be from Bai Jinli herself. No doubt.

Seeing this, Sister Qing heaved a deep sigh of relief.

She stood hesitantly at the door, before returning to her own office. However, she kept the doors opened, in case there were any changes in the situation within the President’s office.

What was Jinli doing inside?

She was sitting comfortably on an old leather sofa. On the floor in front of her laid a middle-aged balding man.

That man was the President.

Indeed, her current body may not have matched any powerful human’s. However, it was more than enough to pummel an alcoholic, lecherous man.

As to why the President was lying on the floor like a freshly butchered block of meat? He had tried to put his hands on Jinli.

“Can you quickly get up?” Jinli snapped, she was running out of patience. Possessing those God-given good looks, her bar for aesthetics was naturally sky-high. She was willing to discuss terms with visually appealing people. The Morning Star’s President? Not so much.

Not cooperative? Then he was asking for a beating. The talking could come after that.

“BAM!”

A loud thud reverberated through the room. Following that, was a suppressed groan.

The secretary stood guard by the door cautiously and conscientiously. Hearing the sounds coming through the doors, he became green with envy. “Judging from that racket, the President must be having a heated time.”

“Quick! Quickly save me!” The President pleaded.