Chapter 43: Xu Zhiyi's Annoyance

The viewership that <<Survival on the Inhabited Island>> brought to the channel was gigantic. Without a doubt, the colossal number of viewers were attracted to the channel by the high quality of this episode’s preview clip.

It was especially so in the minute with Jinli. Every second offered wave after wave of raw aesthetics. All of it directed straight at the fans. She was so mind-blowingly beautiful. Filmed from any angle, she looked flawless. Her appearance had no weaknesses, simply taking a screenshot of any moment would have resulted in a wallpaper-worthy photo.

What’s more, the video unveiled an unexpected side of Jinli. The newfound narcissism and her slight dorkiness drew a huge crowd to her fanbase.

[Her beauty did not pull me in, but #Don’t sell away Jinli# got me dropping to my knees.]

[Excuse me! Can I buy a Jinli with 2 years’ salary?]

[How naive the person above is! I will offer all of my cash plus 2 suites in the Capital! Is that enough to trade for a Jinli?]

[OH MY GOODNESS! We have seen countless female stars in the entertainment scene. However, none of them have had this straightforward, raw narcissism! Your brazen admiration for yourself! I love it!]

[The user above must be a newbie! Take a look at @AhJinLisAKoi. She has never gone light on her self-praise.]

[Unrelated, but I still gotta say this! I received the Goddess Jinli’s Good Luck Charm yesterday and hooked it onto my bag immediately. Guess what? The moment I got home, I learnt that my dad had been promoted!]

[Lol! Must be deluding yourself! Without the charm, you think your dad wouldn’t have been promoted?]

Quite understandably, this comment about The Good Luck Charm was brushed off as a coincidence. It went completely under the radar. After all, they were all infatuated with Jinli’s adorable dorkiness.

At that moment, no one could have known that one day every soul in the industry would go crazy over this unassuming, little glass jar made by Jinli.

As for the “victim” herself…

She had flown way past cloud nine.

As her Weibo fan’s skyrocketed, the Golden Auras burst out of her phone. They had her caught in the centre, like a vortex, flooding into her body from all angles. A comfortable warmth enveloped her as she sighed.

Gosh. This is the most comfortable I’ve even been since my arrival in this Human Realm.

However, she knew it was insufficient. She was still miles away from her necessary quantity to get home. A long wait awaited her before she could be herself again. But, it’s alright, she would take her time. Be it a day, a month, a year or a decade. She could afford to wait.

Gods, being Gods, they would never feel the loss of, and would never care about, the flow of time.

Her shoulders drooped as she sighed. Her eyes fell upon the sea of tags on her notification page. Then, she realised that she hadn’t updated her Weibo in days. Toying with her hair, she drafted a short update.

@AhJinLisAKoi: 2 days later. I’ll see you on <<Survival on the Inhabited Island>>. I’ll be waiting!

This time, she did something different. As though she was teasing her fans, she posted a huge victory “V” sign with her fingers instead of her usual selfies.

That acknowledgement of <<Survival on the Inhabited Island>> from Jinli took the net by storm.

[We’ll see you there!]

[See you there Jinli!]

[I’ll be there, just for you Jinli!]

[Jinli! How much do you cost per kg? (Don’t_Sell_Jinli.jpg)]

{OMG! What an iconic sticker! I’ll buy it!]

[Oh, man! I just realised that our Goddess is even beautiful down to her fingers! Are Goddesses all so flawless?]

Reading all of these praises, Jinli’s heart was slathered with a honey-sweet elation.

While she enjoyed herself thoroughly, some people were green with envy. For example, Xu Zhiyi.

What in the world? Ever since I stepped onto the set of <<Survival on the Inhabited Island>>, everything has been like trash!

More accurately, ever Since Jinli had appeared in her life, her mood had been down in a dumpster.

Logically, she, an amateur artiste, should have been glad that she had caught the eye of a wealthy investor and even gained a chance to be a part of blockbuster hits like <<Survival on the Inhabited Island>>. Moreover, her dazzling appearance was sufficient to bring the investor out of the shadows to meet her in person.

Yet, looking at the guest list, Xu Zhiyi had thought that she would be the main character of this episode. Who would have thought that things would end up being far from smooth-sailing.

.......