Chapter 29: Sir, I Think You Have Gone Mad

Lu Zhengya’s eyes turned bloodshot as molten rage engulfed him. His jaws clenched in pure fury, and his tongue forced its way up to the roof of his mouth as he suppressed his anger.

A contemptuous laughter boomed, “Jinli, how great you are!”

His eyes burned at the woman in front of him and he gritted his teeth maliciously together. “Aren’t you afraid that I will develop hate and displeasure towards you? Don’t you know I am fully capable of easily destroying you and your career from the shadows?”

Jinli turned and faced him sideways, shaking her head nonchalantly, “Not at all.” Even though she was stuck in a mere human’s body, she was confident that a human would not be able to suppress her excessive luckiness, regardless of the methods he used. In other words, those meagre sabotage attempts, sinister plots, and evil plans were all futile. She would be safe, unless a similarly powerful God intervened.

She was just stating the truth. However, her words fell on Lu Zhengya’s ears with a completely different understanding.

She thinks that I will not do it?

In reality, Lu Zhengya would not act so immaturely just because of rejection from a woman. He was not a man of such lowly, cheap methods.

At least she has good judgement.

Hearing Jinli’s words, the burning flames in his eyes were slightly doused.

With a cold snort, he was going to continue his lecture. Yet, the moving company’s personnels interrupted him.

“Anyways, I’m busy now. Bye.” Without giving Lu Zhengya a chance to respond, she swiftly turned and left.

Watching Jinli’s diminishing back, Lu Zhengya stood stationary at his spot, forced to swallow all of his unspoken words. As she completely disappeared from his sight, the woman never once turned to look at him again.

As Bai Yan approached Lu Zhengya from the Bentley, he could see the terrible, pitch black expression on his face.

His heart skipped a beat.

Looks like the plan flopped.

Despite having an accurate premonition, Bai Yan knew better than to question his superior directly. He carefully probed, “Sir, did you mention your investment in <<Survival on the Inhabited Island>>?”

Of course he hadn’t. Those words, were they something that a man of Lu Zhengya’s status should say?

Furthermore, he had just financially supported someone from the shadows. How could he immediately flash it in front of the beneficiary while he asked her out? Wasn’t that as good as exploitation and coercion?

Silence fell upon Lu Zhengya.

From that, Bai Yan knew the answer.

Again, he carefully asked, “Now, what shall we…”

“Go back.” Lu Zhengya turned and left.

Caught in this situation, Bai Yan could no longer infer how the conversation went. Without a strong basis, he dared not speak a single word, just in case he touched a sensitive topic. Diligently, he returned to his role as a chauffeur.

The atmosphere in the car was tense and suffocating. The ride was deadly silent, other than a constant tapping from Lu Zhengya’s fingers. He was deep in thought as he rhythmically tapped again and again on the leather seat.

Suddenly, his low, husky voice broke the silence, “Go find out what women like. Pick the best ones and deliver them to her.”

That “her” could only be Jinli.

Those words registered properly in Bai Yan’s mind and he could not fathom the relationship between his superior and Miss Jinli.

He could only test it out, he asked as carefully as he could again. “Then, Miss Jinli…”

Lu Zhengya sneered, “Absolutely no one will be allowed to have their freedom after enraging me.”

Bai Yan’s heart almost stopped. “Sir, you.. You want to take revenge on Miss Jinli?”

“Nope. I will treat her well.” A wide yet sinister grin streaked across Lu Zhengya’s face, “So well that every single woman in this world will be green with envy.”

He looked out at the window wistfully. “A powerful man of authority who turned a blind eye on all his suitors. Someone with a heart only for her, even after being rejected…”

“Tell me, Bai yan. Who would reject a man as loving as this?”

Suddenly, an ominous gaze fell onto his eyes.”I will make her fall deeply for me. That will be when I abandon her, coldly and hurtfully. HAHAHA!”

Bai Yan was at a loss for words.

Pardon me sir. I think you have gone mad.

*****