Chapter 31: Good Luck Charm 2

The method Jinli used for drawing talismans were unlike the usual Taoist practitioners. These practitioners required special cinnabar and sacred yellow paper. Without these items, their talismans were unusable. This was due to their Talismans' heavy reliance on the Heaven and Earth's Celestial Powers, which would be amplified through specific rituals and forms.

Take, for instance, the well-known talisman named Heavenly 5 Thunders Talisman in Taoism. Through the writings on the talismans, the Practitioners borrowed a part of the Thunder Venerable of Heavenly Judgement's power to exorcise evil.

Jinli was different. The powers of her talismans all originated from her own self. The talisman did not borrow her powers. Its was gifted with it. As such, these external materials were just a vehicle to contain her luck, not an amplifier or a middleman.

Similarly, should the Thunder Venerable of Heavenly Judgement want to imbue a talisman with his Thunder, he could draw whatever object he liked, even a turtle. The talisman would work just fine, even better than the Taoist Practitioners'.

...

Back in the Heavens, Jinli's Good Luck Charms were all made with sparkling jewels and glittering gems. In her eyes, only beautiful shiny objects were befitting of being a courier of her powers. Unfortunately, the current her could not afford such luxuries. She also didn't possess sufficient Celestial Power to carve a pattern on such tough objects. She had no choice. She had to return to the most archaic methods - drawing by hand.

Bit by bit, complex patterns and images were meticulously drawn onto the pieces of paper that she found. After she'd finished, she thoughtfully folded them into petite stars and placed them into small, elegant glass jars. These sweet little glass jars held the intricately folded stars. They were topped off with an elegant silver ribbon, giving it a sophisticated finish. This tasteful accessory would be perfect to be worn with anything.

After some time, Jinli had a total of 10 cute little jars lined up in front of her.

Without her Celestial Powers, these Good Luck Charms would have a huge drop in their effectiveness. They could not compare to her Charms from before, which were so powerful that they bettered the luck of Gods and Immortals.

Of course, it was not necessarily a bad thing. Those charms were a tad unsuitable for Human usage.

While they may have been poor in quality, these charms were still good enough to bring a significant effect to the wearer for a month. In this timeframe, the wearer's work and life would be largely smooth-sailing. Not only that, if the wearer had any wishes, the Good Luck Charm could even increase the probability of them coming true by leaps and bounds.

As she looked at her finished products, a bright smile grew across her cheeks.

On her Weibo, she wrote:

JinLiIsAKoi: Was really bored, so I drew up 10 Good Luck Charms for you guys! Retweet and like to stand a chance to get it 🙂

She added two photos with this caption, one was a selfie of her ever-beautiful self while another was of the elegant and intricate jar.

Within minutes of the posting, the post was retweeted at lightning speed. As expected, the netizens went wild over the lucky draw.

In the eyes of the hardcore fans, everything their idol did was priceless and praise-worthy,

"Wow! Such skilful little hands! What a deft work of art! Our Jinli is so talented!"

"Choose me! Choose me! Jinli! Look at me! What a gorgeous Good Luck Charm!"

"Taking my daily dose of Jinli's beauty! Jinli is even prettier today again!"

"Crazy support for my dear Jinli's aesthetics! Love you forever!!"

...

Similarly, in the eyes of the anti-fans, whatever Jinli did was just stupid.

"What the heck? Good Luck Charms? Even the female artistes with practically no fame at all give a full set of lipsticks. You have the gall to give us this nonsense?

"HAHA! This trash wants to be popular yet doesn't have the capital. No wonder she's failure!"

"HAHAHA! LMAO! Good Luck Charms? Even kids don't buy these jokes anymore!"

"Cheh! Whoever who actually retweets for this is a freaking retard!"