Chapter 48: You shall call me Daddy thrice

“Come at me!” Peng Fei’s fighting spirit reverberated through the room with his emphasis on every word.

“Very good!” Jinli gazed upon the strong spirit Peng Fei was displaying, thoroughly amazed.

“Then, let’s talk about the bet!” Twirling her finger playfully around her rosy dimples, Jinli’s eyes blinked teasingly at Peng Fei. “Hmm. what shall we bet?”

Behind her, Lan Ting subtly tugged on Jinli’s sleeves, “Psst! Don’t be rash!” Turning around, Jinli nodded reassuringly as she met her concerned gaze.

That unwavering confidence struck Lan Ting. With widened eyes, her grip slowly loosened.

Ah! Whatever! Isn’t this just a small bet? If she wants to pay, let her be!

After much thought, Jinli fully realised how she had nothing of value in the Human Realm, other than her newly purchased little villa. “How about this? I will bet my Yangjin gardens Villa. It’s 2 storeys and even has a small garden!”

‘What…?” Peng Feng gasped as his eyes almost popped out from his face. His gaze fixed on Jinli as if he had just met an asylum escapee.

Isn’t this just a little joke? Do we need such a big bet?

“I… I’m out of here!” Peng Fei violently shooked his head.

Jinli stared at him, perplexed. She slightly tilted her head, “Why? You must know that my chances are really slim!”

Huh! They were not just slim, they were practically non-existant!

Coldly snorting, Peng Fei rebutted her: “I’m sure your time in entertainment was not easy. This villa is definitely not a small sum even for you. I may not be a Saint, but I’m not a blood-sucker either. I will not rip you off. After all, what am I going to do with that huge villa?”

“Change your bet.” He looked seriously into Jinli’s eyes.

Jinli was seriously impressed. Her expression softened into a gentle smile, examining Peng Fei in a new light. “Oh? I never would have guessed that you were so decent!”

He may have felt good from that praise, but he still had an undeniable regret lingering in his heart.

What a toxic bitch! She should be glad that I didn’t use this chance to teach her a lesson!

“Alright!” Jinli’s eyes sparkled. A brilliant idea had just sprouted in her head. “If I win, you will call me Daddy on Weibo thrice!”

Peng Fei couldn’t believe his ears. With a jet-black expression, his eyes shifted onto Jinli coldly, “What if I win?”

Without thought, she spurted, “Then I shall call you Dad… No!”

“No, no, no! I can’t do that!” her head shook around vigorously.

This human could die from a Goddess’s “Daddy Call”.

Peng Fei seriously sized up Jinli. “Alright, go on a date with me if you lose!”

“Ew! Don’t tell me you like me?”

Shame flushed over Peng Fei’s face.

How could anyone say such awful words with such a condescending tone right to their face?

At that moment, Jinli read his mind. Her head nodded understandingly. She expressed her acceptance of his feelings. “It’s alright! I don’t mind it at all! After all, a gracious, beautiful little Goddess like me attracts everyone the masses. With so many already loving me, one more like you won’t make a difference.”

Everyone was dumbfounded. Just how proud was she?

Not to mention, Peng Fei had just been classified as part of the masses. That drove him crazy. “Stop with this nonsense!”

“Oh…” Jinli’s gaze was divergent from her speech, expressing the ‘It’s alright, I understand’ expression. “Ok. Just act this way. I’m down for it.”

Peng Fei breathed deeply, repressing his exploding rage. Fishing out his phone, he squeezed out every ounce of brainpower possible to set a new, unused pin. There wouldn’t be another person on this earth, alive or dead, who would know the pin.

“For you!” He smirked as he handed his phone over.

Jinli took it and shut her eyes really tightly.

“What the hell! I don’t believe you can…” Peng Fei laughed coldly

Before he could finish, he heard a familiar click.

His eyes widened. Looking at Jinli’s pale, slender fingers, his face turned whiter than paper.

_______