Chapter 36: Nope, I Don't Like It.

Hearing his change in tone, the other 2 people around him looked over. Even the lady on her phone looked up. All four gazes were intersecting onto Jinli.

As she smiled at them, a sharp, rapid breath reverberated in Jinli’s ears. It came from the lady in the yellow dress and another man.

As they stared at her, shock and astonishment clearly overwhelmed their faces.

Seeing their expressions, Jinli’s charming lips lifted slightly. “Hi everyone! I’m Jinli.” She walked towards them, her melodious, chirpy voice offering her friendly greetings. “Are you all the guest for this episode of the show as well?”

The man who saw Jinli first introduced himself, “Hi Jinli! I’m Peng Fei, a gym trainer.”

Gym Trainer? Must not be from the entertainment industry.

Following Peng Fei, the other guest introduced themselves as well. The other quite-handsome man was a dancer-actor, He Ye. The gorgeous looking lady clad in a pale white gown was named Xu Zhiyi. She was a newly signed artiste under the company Feng Sheng Entertainment. Lastly there was the young girl in a warm yellow dress. Shyly, she looked at Jinli, her face flushed from introversion, she introduced herself, “I’m Lan Ting. I just graduated from college.”

Hearing all of their introductions, Jinli calculated the ratios of stars and citizens in this episode. Counting herself and the yet-to-arrive Lu Qingyuan, there was an even distribution of stars and citizens invited.

Of the 3 non-entertainment guests, He Ye and Peng Fei looked somewhat presentable for the screen. From their glamorous attire, they were obviously “not so common” amongst the citizens.

On the other hand, Lan Ting looked very reserved, even slightly timid. Well, it was to be expected of a regular young girl who had just graduated from college. It was her first time on set, after all.

Last, but definitely not the least, Xu Zhiyi was a rare breed. Even considering the fact that Feng Sheng Entertainment was a superpower company within the industry, there was no way a new artist would be invited onto a blockbuster so quickly.

She must have a terrifying background…

Jinli examined Xu Zhiyi secretly.

As she observed her fellow guests, 2 burning gazes never left her face. As they were men, Jinli’s face was like a trap for Pen Fei and He Ye. They could not peel their eyes from her the moment their line of sight landed,

Darkness gleamed over Xu Zhiyi on the sidelines. Previously, her two attentive and helpful bodyguards had flown around her like flies, never leaving her regardless of their treatment. While she could never bring herself to like a womanizer, she had still loved the attention and care she’d received from these fickle men.

Now, she had gotten the cold shoulder since the moment Jinli arrived. With folded arms, her eyes rolled at the 2 desperate males.

Prior to Jinli’s arrival, she had been the centre of attention. That poor, unpresentable Lan Ting, who reeked of a peasant-like presence, could not even compare a single bit to her beauty. Yet, Jinli had dethroned her without even trying. She fell from her royal grace, from being the prima donna to blending into the background. She took a deep breath, suppressing her boiling jealousy. With a roll of her eyes, a honey-sweet smile was plastered naturally onto her face as she walked to Jinli,

“Sister Jinli, you are just a few years older. You don’t mind me calling you Sister right?”

Elegantly turning around, Jinli focused onto Xu Zhiyi. In her heart, she certainly did not mind the honorifics. Most humans could not accept this “Sister” position. It amplified and brought their age to the surface. However, The Goddess Jinli did not mind it. After all, Goddesses didn’t age. Not to mention, she was not just a few years older, she was a few thousand times older.

Yet, Jinli knew exactly what Xu Zhiyi was implying with her words. Glancing at Xu Zhiyi, Jinli put on the same game face that she’d given An Rou. Jinli’s seemingly amicable smile was shown to Xu Zhiyi, yet behind it, threats and malice gushed violently, blanketing her entirely and trapping her within. Taking a step back, Jinli’s brows furrowed, she stared daggers at Xu Zhiyi, and snapped coldly, “Nope, I don’t like it. Don’t you dare call me that.”

Xu Zhiyi was stunned motionless.

Wait. Don’t most people know to keep a poker face, suppressing all the anger and hate within themselves?