f o u r

Knight Industries

Aurora was sure she had heard of them before, but she wasn't sure where from. As she made her way towards her office, she continued to rack through her brain for answers.

Grace had immediately noticed the pout on Aurora's face as soon as she came into sight. "Was it that bad?"

Aurora shook her head in denial. "No, but there has been a change in projects. Did you know about it?"

"No, I didn't. I just received the email and briefly read through the document." Grace sat at the computer looking over the email once again. "It says here that there's a meeting schedule for 2 today."

Aurora nodded in confirmation. "Can you let me know when it's time to go to the meeting?"

"Of course," Grace knew by now that whenever Aurora is completely engrossed with her work, she completely loses track of time. "Is there anything else you need me to do?"

"Yeah, can you print me a copy of the document? It'll be easier if I read it over on paper and take some notes," added Aurora. She wanted to be prepared before the meeting.

"Done," Grace said, getting up from her seat. "I'll bring your copy in a little bit."

"Thank you Grace."

Aurora closed the door to her office, immediately reaching for her coffee as soon as she sat down. Hitting a button on her desk, the glass walls of her office turned opaque within a second.

Her office was spacious, but definitely not as big as Liam's. There was a small white couch with accented pillows and a small table sitting in the corner of the room, facing the door. Two additional white chairs stood facing the table and couch. This was where she would occasionally sit and talk with her clients. She also often found herself secretly taking little naps on the couch.

There was also a large window facing the streets of Downtown LA, but since she was on the 4th floor, she couldn't really see much. In front of the window stood a modern desk where she worked most of the time. Her leather chair had a blanket thrown around it, making it seem more comfortable.

The room was decorated to suit Aurora's taste. A big abstract painting hung on one of the dry walls and a book shelf that stood proudly near her desk. It was filled with her collection of architectural books she had gathered since her first year of college.

Aurora finally settled down in her seat and took out her iPad in preparation to work. She looked at the frame sitting on her desk and a soft smile formed on her face. Sitting on her desk was a picture of her family when her brother had come into town to visit for their mother's birthday last year. She missed her brother, Connor, dearly, but knew his work required him to live in Boston.

Shaking her head out of memory lane, Aurora began to work.

Time passed quickly as she began to read and process the new information about the project. Grace had come and gone, bringing her all the necessary documents Aurora wanted. Music played softly in the background as she continued to read.

Suddenly her phone began to ring, causing her to drop the the highlighter she was holding in her hand. Clutching her heart as it raced, she picked up the phone without glancing at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Rory!" Shouted her best friend's voice.

"Maddie!" Aurora laughed into her phone, shouting with just as much enthusiasm. She bent down to grab the fallen highlighter. "What's up babe?"

"So I was thinking, maybe we could go out this weekend. Just you and me."

"I don't know Mads, I'm kind of swamped with work right now. Liam just assigned me a new project."