bonus #4

"Hi, baby."

A smile immediately graced Aurora's face as the 2-year-old stood at the entrance of the room. He was wearing nothing but his diapers and a pair of her husband's sunglasses that looked way too big for his cute little face.

"What are you doing with papa's sunglasses?"

Xander gave his mother a wide cheeky grin in response as he held the sunglasses upside down on his face with his two small hands. He began to slowly toddle his way towards Aurora, the smile never leaving his face.

When he reached Aurora's side, he brought his hands up, signaling that he wanted to be held.

"Up, mama, up," he babbled, starting to get impatient with his mother's lack of response.

"Alright, baby," chuckled Aurora as she picked Xander up and placed him on her lap. She was in the middle of getting ready and was sitting at her vanity table when her adorable son decided to pay her a little visit.

Her son.

Even after 2 blissful years, she still couldn't believe she was a mother. Every day was a blessing and to be able to spend it with her family was everything she had ever dreamed of.

One night after she had given birth to Xander, she had stayed up anxiously worrying about her ability to be a good mother. But Xavier was there to reassure and comfort her. It was their first time being parents and being scared was natural. They would be doing this together and with him by her side, she felt more ready to take on motherhood.

To her, being a mother was probably one of the best things that ever happened to her. She never knew she could ever love someone as much as she loved Xander. Every time she looked at Xander, he reminded her of her and Xavier— of the fact that Xander was a creation of their love for each other.

Every moment she spent with her family was a blessing. And it was the little moments that she loved and cherished the most.

She loved it when Xavier surprised her at her office with Xander in his arms and takeout from their favorite restaurant in the other. She loved waking up on the weekends with Xander's face buried into her neck and his little feet in Xavier's face because she knew Xander liked sneaking into their bed during the early hours to join them. She loved coming home to her husband cooking with Xander sitting on his shoulders playing with his father's hair.

And she especially loved watching the way Xavier interacted with their son.

"Mama Gwass mama," Xander giggled, clapping his hands.

"Sunglasses, baby," corrected Aurora, placing a kiss on his chubby cheek.

"Sungwass," he repeated, causing her to smile.

"Good job, my sweet. But they're upside down," laughed Aurora, taking the lopsided sunglasses off his face. "Here, let mama help you."

His bright grey eyes that were full of innocence stared back at her through the mirror in front of them— a smile never leaving his face. His dark brown hair that he had inherited from both her and Xavier was starting to get long and she made a mental note to take him to get his hair cut. He was a big baby, a trait he definitely got from Xavier, and carrying him for long periods of time was actually starting to tire her out.

But despite being tired, just seeing his happy smile whenever she carried him automatically erased her fatigue. He was her world now and she wouldn't have it any other way.

"My handsome boy," she cooed, placing the sunglasses onto his face before running her hand through his dark brown locks.

Xander giggled as he slammed his tiny hands on the table before his attention was immediately directed to the brushes on her vanity. His interest in the sunglasses was long gone and brushed off to the side as he climbed off his mother's lap and began to play around with the rose-colored brushes.