Chapter 23

Jay^^

Carson's POV

The rest of the day after my therapy appointment seemed to fly by; Jay respected my privacy and didn't ask questions about what I talked about, which I was happy about. I knew I needed to open up to him at some point but that wasn't just yet. I  barely made it through one appointment; I'll talk to him when I get more comfortable talking about everything.

When we got back to the packhouse, dinner was starting to get made so Jay and I went upstairs to start working on the homework neither of us had touched. After dinner, I was exhausted, even though we hadn't done a lot, it seemed like I had. I ended up crashing at 8:00.

Now, my dad, Jay, and I are on our way to the nutritionist and I am just as nervous as I was going to the therapist. Even though I logically know and understand that this is for the best, everything in my being is still telling me to turn around and go back to the pack lands. I knew Jay could sense my apprehension by the grip he had on my waist; I was pulled into his side, and he was squeezing my waist in reassurance.

I made eye contact with my dad a few times through the rearview mirror. By the look on his face, he was happy for me and proud of me. I was happy for him too.

We all got out of the car when we pulled up to the nutritionist's office and slowly began heading inside. When we got to the office, Jay took a seat as my dad and I went up to the front desk to get the necessary paperwork.

"Hi, how may I help you today?" An older gentleman who was beginning to grey asked with a polite smile. My dad gave him my name and ID along with his card, and I took the paperwork from him. This time it was all on an iPad.

I took a seat next to Jay and started filling out the basic information: name, age, weight, height, etc. By page two, there were questions pertaining to my diet,  any allergies or restrictions, and exercising habits. As I finished filling out that information, I came to a page that was required if you were here for an eating disorder, which included me.

The questions were both true or false and rate this statement on a scale of 1-5.

I limit what I eat/my calorie intake.

5

I force myself to throw up or take laxatives when I do eat.

5

These questions took me about 15 minutes to finish answering before I took it up to the man at the front desk. When I got back to my seat, Jay has a comforting smile on his face; he knew this was stressing me out. About ten minutes later, a nurse came out and called my name. We had already decided that both Jay and my dad would come with me because they would be the two most prominent in helping me with this; I was with Jay pretty much all the time at this point, and my dad was my dad, he wanted to be there for me and help me through everything.

When we got to the back, the nurse took my height, weight, blood pressure, temperature, as well as a urine sample. After she finished up with the routine procedures, she asked me a few follow-up questions in relation to how I answered the original questionnaire.

"Great, Mike will be in here in just a moment," the nurse said as she was leaving the room. There was a tense silence in the room when it was just Jay, my dad, and me.

Once again, I am so fucking proud of you Issac chimed in making me smile slightly. He was always a motivator for me; even if he was shameless and swore a bit, he was always there for me.

Thank you, really.

A knock at the door grabbed all three of our's attention as a tall man with dark skin, close-shaven hair, and casual attire walked in and introduced himself to us.