Chap 7

Naruto's POV

It had been a week and they would make their move soon. I have been leaving clones at the house to keep watch. I wouldn't put it past Gato to send men to attack. I had a feeling it was gonna go down today.

\-Da Clone-/
I was waiting in a room as I sensed two people coming to the house. I waited to see what they would do until there was a crash downstairs.

"Stop! leave him alone, you can have me."

Just then I stepped in and knocked them out. " It's not safe here to go to the village. the battle on the bridge will be starting about now."

*poof* Da clones end

I just got my clone's memories back, glad they were safe. Just then mist rolled across the bridge, predictable. "Guard now," I commanded.

My three devil's went to Tezuna. "Zabuza I know you're there plus the fake anbu." I said looking around, finding their chakra then pointing at them.

“You're a good sensor, but I would expect nothing less from you. Haku take the brats down,” Zabuza hollered out.

“Sauske, Sai you two take him. Sakura stay where you are and protect the civilians.” I shout while blocking an incoming attack.

I focused fully on the battle when they got to their places. “Why are you working for him? He’ll just try to have you killed when you serve your purpose.”

“Oh I know I'll just kill him when that time comes. He is no challenge to me,'' I sighed at the reply.

I look over at the other battle in time to see a big glass? Ice? dome close around the boys. He has a kekkei genkai user with him. “Hm yes haku has the ability to create ice,” Zabuza said with a clash of blades.

Crap, I said that out loud. ‘Pfhh you have a habit of it too.’

‘Shut it!’ i meantally yelled back. damn it, not helpful at all.

Time passed fast as I was going for the finishing blow when haku appeared. He ran in front of Zabuza and took the blade, killing him instantly. He pulled the sword and went to catch the kid but Zabuza beat him to it. “I'm sorry for the loss,” I muttered loud enough for him to hear.

“I know, at least it was fast” he muttered back, just holding the kid close.

“Good riddance, one less to deal with in the end,” an shrill voice interrupted them.

“Gato you bastard!” Zabuza growled.

I was surprised that's Gato. I mean how short this guy is, he's a midget in every sense. He was hiding behind a small army of men with barely any ninja. “Here, finish this for the kid,'' I handed him his sword.

As he took out the army I turned to check on my devils. Sakura was patching up the two boys with the workers right by them only stopping when someone got too close. They handled this mission really well, all things considered. I walked over to Zabuza after the fight he would be dead in a few minutes.

“Brat take my sword, make sure it has a good owner,” blood came from his mouth.

I grabbed the offered sword then hooked his arm helping him walk over to haku. “You have my word, and I will have you two baried next to each other.”

/////BATTLE ON THE BRIDGE OVER///////

It's been a boring 2 weeks of healing and finishing the bridge. *cough* faster with clones *cough*

Soon it was time to go though so we stood at the end of the newly built bridge. “What should we call the bridge? It needs a good name?” Tenzuna asked aloud.

Sakura spoke up, “ you should name it something to do with the freedom and hope the country gained.”

They started walking away almost out of hearing range but the name made me smile.
//// i leave that to your imagination suffer ////

Halfway to the leaf realizing him me, well crap. “Guys.”

“Yes Naru sensei?” they asked.

“I..We forgot to move you guys into the compound before we left.”

Realization dawned on them as well. We were so busy doing D-rank to get a C-rank we all forgot about it. “Ok we’ll do it sometime next week, but for now we're almost to the gate.”

I ran the rest of the way my team not far behind

Hokage pov

Naruto stood in front of me reading out his report. “So let me get this straight. This mission turned from C-rank to A-rank, and your team completed the mission after deciding to continue.”

I dismissed him, he went right out the window. I put my head in my hands about what is wrong with this team. I dread their future shenanigans. There was an knock at the door i sat straight, “come in”