00

"I am already happy here?! Bakit pa ba kayo nagpakita?"

I stopped from my tracks when I heard a woman shouting at my parents. The woman was with a man who was whispering something to her.

I was about to go to them and save my parents from this woman but I halted when my mother saw me. All of their attention is now directed at me.

The woman looked at me as if discerning every piece of my being. It gave me the chance to look at her as well.

She was beautiful but my attention was caught by something else. I can clearly see her swollen belly.

A few seconds passed before one of us spoke.

"H-How old are you?" the woman asked as she wiped her tears away.

I looked at my mother first to ask permission if she wanted me to talk to the woman. She just smiled.

I turned my gaze back at the person in front of me.

"I'm six, Ma'am," I answered politely.

She nodded as tears still ran through her face.

"He could have been your age," she whispered.

Naglakad na siya at nilagpasan ako, ang lalaking kasama ay inaalalayan siya.

My parents came to me.

Mama smiled at me even though I can see her a bit tearing up.

"What happened?" I asked as she got my hand to lead us to a private dining room of a restaurant.

Mama did not say anything and even Papa. They just smiled at me.

"Why are you crying, Mama?" I asked, feeling angry. I hate seeing my mother cry.

She just shook her head before she smiled at me again. I scowled at her.

"You should order. Your brother and sister might be giving the nanny a headache now so we would have to return soon."

I just nodded. We ate in silence but I spent the time looking at both my parents.

My father had his arm around my mother's waist, his head resting on her shoulder. Si Mama naman ay sa akin ang atensiyon at nakangiti kahit na malungkot ang mga mata.

When I was done, we went back to the villa my parents rented for our Florentine vacation. I followed my mother who went to check on my siblings. They were both crying. My parents both tended to them. Nang tumahan sila ay sinabihan ako ni Mama na magbasa para sa mga kapatid. I happily did so and the twins were both giggling as if they understood what I was reading them.

Nakatulog naman sila kalaunan. Hindi ko rin alam na pati pala ako ay nakatulog, nagising lang nang maalimpungutan. I looked at the nanny and she was busy reading from a pocketbook. I got out of the room to get a cup of water from the kitchen when I heard my parents talking.

"I'm tired of this, Ahiezer."

Sinilip ko sina Mama at Papa na nag-uusap sa balkonahe.

I saw my father hugging my mother as they both looked at the setting sun.

"I'm tired of being the villain in your fucking story."

I can hear Mama sob. I wanted to go and hug her but both my feet seem glued on the marble floor.

"I didn't want this. I didn't – "

"Shh, baby. I know. I'm sorry," si Papa. "Please stop crying. Makakasama kay baby."

Umiling si Mama at kinalas ang pagkakayakap ni Papa sa kanya. Nagkatinginan kami ni Mama nang didiretso sana siya sa pintuan papasok.

"Jedan!" Mama gasped.