Y

I head back to the shack, kind of hoping that he's awake so I can get some answers from him. Once I'm here, my eyes widen as I see the door wide open. My guard is instantly up and I protectively cover my stomach as I pull out my gun from the glove compartment. The wind didn't blow that damn door open. There is no wind today.

I post up near the door, back against the wall as I listen closely to what's on the inside. Absolutely nothing. Not even a breath. I rush inside, pointing my gun as I search the area. I gasp as I see the rope that tied the man to the chair sprawled all over the floor. He got away?

"Fuck." I say, lowering my gun and pacing the room.

It's rare that someone ever escapes me. I can count on my fingers how many times someone has actually managed to get away from me. Granted, their death after wasn't the best because of it. I thought this mission was going to be easy, but I should know better. Just because I'm pregnant, it doesn't change the dangers of my line of work and how complicated it really is.

I dial up Namjoon and huff in frustration as I leave the shack, slamming the door behind me.

"CEO Kim."

"Namjoon."

"Liv, is everything okay?"

"No. He's fucking gone." I sigh, slouching in the seat of my car.

"What do you mean he's gone?"

"Exactly that." I roll my eyes. "I went to dispose the phone and when I came back, he wasn't fucking here."

"It was too good to be true." I hear him mumble, but I'm too upset to agree with him. "Catch him at his next spot. Take Taehyung with you."

"Okay." The call ends and I throw my phone in the seat next to me and groaning loudly. "Fuck, Liv. Get back on the ball."

I drive off into the direction of home, getting there within the hour. I see Yoongi's car isn't in the driveway and I frown as I check my phone. No calls or texts from him. He's probably busy with work but I call him anyway.

The phone rings about 4 times before he answers. "Liv."

"Hey. I was supposed to be working late, but I'm home now. How long with you be? I thought you'd beat me here."

"I was actually at home, but got called back in. We're taking care of a big ass mess right now, but I'm gonna try to be home before 10. Rest if you need to, baby."

"Okay. I love you."

"And I love you. I made food before I left. Make sure you eat."

"Okay, I will. Thank you. Bye."

I end the call and make my way into the house. The scent of food still lingers in the air as I follow the source. I get the food onto a plate and eat it as if I haven't eaten in days, basically inhaling a second plate. When I'm finished, I clean up after myself and shower. I make myself comfortable and feel myself drifting off to sleep.

--

-Narrator's POV-

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" A tall man screams to a man that's sitting, rubbing his neck. "You had one fucking job to do and you didn't do that shit right."

"I'm sorry." The man sitting replies.

"Sorry?" Another man, considerably shorter than the man standing, chuckles humorlessly. "You got kidnapped and they still have the money for the products. But you're sorry?"